Tara Labs Quantum 66

Submitted by Keith a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 1998

Bottom Line:
I managed to try out a pair of Tara Quantum 66's and compared them to some Monster M350i interconnects. It seemed brighter, more dynamic... when I switched back to the Monsters it seemed like the latter was either slightly muddled or extremely laid back. After auditioning several movements of Scheherazade, some Beethoven's 9th, Natalie Merchant, Mariah Carey, Dire Straits, and some Rachmaninov on the two cables, I concluded that the Taras were more musical and just overall better for the price. Surprisingly, after switching back to the Monsters after several hours with the Taras, I found the Monsters to be fatiguing quite fast.The Tara Quantum 66's are highly recommended for auditioning.

Submitted by Scott Woebkce a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 1997

Bottom Line:
Too my surprise this interconnect did work, but did it work for the better? My sound is less bright and overall more balanced, the brightness of my cheap Harmon/kardon CD player has been tamed down and sounds a bit warmer. Before I was using Radio Shack interconnects which sounded more bright and forward. I like a bit of brightness but overall this isn't a bad product. If this cheap 40$ cable changed the sound of my system, I wonder what a 100$ cable would do?... For 40$ I'd say it is worth a try.