Tara Labs Prism Clara Speaker Wire
Description: Shielded, Figure-8 style, 16-guage copper speaker wire

Submitted by Frank P. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
I used 1,000 feet of Clara speaker cable at 35 cents a foot to wire my entire house while it was in the rough framed stage. I was very pleased with the results. For custom in-wall applications and/or built-in speakers, it was a great value and excellent quality. I used this cable on the dealer's recommendation and would use it again.

Purchased At:   Raven Hi-Fi

Submitted by Billy Lum a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Used the Tara Labs Klara (11 ft runs for both channels. A little long, but i've got my equipment rack off-centred to cater to the surroundings) in my budget system. (Rotel RA-931 Mk.II mated with audioquest Ruby to a marantz CD4000 cdp). Gives great warm sounds (all round) to voices and acoustic instruments. The use of 8N-OFC copper is highly regarded in this lower end of the TaraLabs family. The (stranded) copper wires when freshly stripped shows a highly shiny copper. The purity is there for your eyes to see. You can believe the number of 'N' in the 8N specs. I trust TaraLabs to be honest in this respect.

16-ga is excellent for budget systems (entry level systems). VFM (value for money). You don't need to blow it on gas-hose thick cables to wire up a budget system.

At just USD1.30 per foot - i don't think you can get better value for money, considering the use of 8N-OFC in constructing these highly manouverable cables. My system may not reveal any shortcomings of the Klara, but then again, it's only a budget set up.

Highly recommended, this Klara

Purchased At:   Kuala Lumpur

Submitted by Jorge a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Prism Klara are outstanding speaker cables. I would have never imagined cables making such a big difference in sound quality. This remarkable speaker cable has an incredible way of opening up the soundstage, smoothing out the midrange, and improving the overall resolution of recorded material. I'm enjoying my system as well as my music so much more than before. I drive my Polk RT 55s with my Pioneer Elite VSX-99. Trust me - its pure sonic enjoyment. I highly recommend the Tara Klara.

Submitted by Todd Stewart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
This speaker cable is absolutly a gift from above. I have looked hard for almost 3 months for the perfect audio system, however never put that much emphesis on cables and interconects. Let me tell you these cables will more than return their value in the sound they enhance. My speakers instantly had cleaner bass, a smoother mid range, and crystal clear highs. In addition the soundstage was opened up dramaticly.

Purchased At:   Audio Insight (Local Store)

Submitted by mmj a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I received about 4 metres of this cable for free when I purchased my recent set of Bookshelf/Stand mount speakers. Had I not received this free cable, I probably would have bought cable worth approximately one quarter of the price (still quite decent cable).

I give this cable a value rating of 2, based on the standard retail price and the fact that I would have otherwise bought cable of the same type for about a quarter of the price.

I give this cable an overall rating of 5 because I have not heard any better sound from cable of this type, and have not much else to compare it to. It satisfies my needs.