Tara Labs Master Gen 2
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by Acer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
A great interconnect cable....lot's of detail and a deep well extended bas. This one is very revealing and is tonal a little bit to the warm side. Voices are clear, and drums is delievered with force and accuracy. This cable will remain in my system for a long time.

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by grub a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have just recently purchased two pair of these cables for my system. This was a future investment, meant to run from my cd player to my pre, then another pair for my main left and right channels. At this time, I'm using it on my cd and dvd players. Right out of the box, I noticed that the bass was much more punchy, with better pace to it. These are pretty amazing cables, I'm hearing room ambience for the first time! After burning them in, I did some A\B with my old setup, and there were considerable differences is sounstage depth, detail, dynamics , and overall smoothness (i.e. lack of grain). I can't say enough about the construction quality of these excellent cables, and their sound is amazing! I feel that the master gen II's will remain in my system for a long time, and I couldn't be happier.

Purchased At:   Big George's Audio Video Showcase

Submitted by Raymond Tan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've been using many cables, trying to find the perfect interconnect between my Roksan pre and power amps. I was looking for a cable that could smooth the edginess from my bright recordings but without losing any of the low-end tightness. After quite a futile search -- about three years -- I must say I've found the perfect cable in the Master Gen 2 (the only other cable I hadn't tried but wanted to is the Cardas Golden Cross... perhaps one day). This cable took away all the hardness and fatiguing treble from all my pop CDs. What's best is that well recorded CDs suddenly had a fuller bass, without any loss in clarity and soundstage. The excitement and speed in fast music was still there.
The Master Gen 2 is a cable on the warmer side of neutral. Midrange punch is excellent. Most jazz and dance recordings seem to have added muscularity I've not heard before. This cable has no apparent weakness and represents great value. A superb cable at a sensible price.

Submitted by Wanda a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
After trying the network cables thelocal stores carry I borrowed a pair of the Tara Master G2 interconnects from a friend who swore by them.

WOW is the only thing that can be said.

I think that the MIT's and transparents choked the sound, sure bass was big but at the expense of detail. The Master is very well balanced in my system.

Listen and decide for yourself.

Submitted by Chris a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I would have to say that I didn't care for the Tara products, especially this one. I finally auditioned this cable after several recommendations for especially the spacial quality or openness of this cable. After auditioning it, I didn't find any major faults with the tonality of the cable, but I did find that the cable had a airy feeling about it. At first it was pleasing, but after listening to it for a while, I came to feel like it was unnatural and the images seemed to be lacking focus. It just felt like it was doing something that wasn't natural to the music.