Synergistic Research Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling series

Submitted by Montana4 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
The reason I even looked at these interconnects( I've been using Vampire Wire CCCII)was that I'm so impressed with the Alpha Sterling Speaker cables. At the same time I bought the IC's, I purchased the Reference Digital Coax( Oh my God!). So back to the interconnects. They present a terrific layered soundstage and controlled bass although not as deep as the Vampire. However, here's the issue both my wife and I have with these cables. The voices on music are way back in the stage. The instruments are much more predominant(the singer is standing behind the drum set). If you have very forward sounding speakers, these should balance out your sound. Back on go the CCCII's. As much as I truly enjoy the SR speaker and digital coax cables, the Alpha Sterling Interconnects will be for sale.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by kenneth a

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought 16 pairs of Alpha sterling w/discreet shielding and I thought that
Is a great deal for the sound quality you get out of them and some people like engineers thought I
was cracked to buy my $1000.00 pair Revolution referernce cables XLR ends. They are very good on my huge
amplifier 700watts Total output but I never crank it that loud. The revolution reference 1st generation was very
fanastic but the 2nd generation X series has a lot more bass in them but overall best performance. I have the
looking glass II on my tuner (rotel) sound has improved and the signal lock becomes better and more solid.
The alpha sterling series is a good cables to test out other audiophiles out there.The sound is amazing the
sound stage is so opened and focused in the middle of the room that I am very happy camper now. I just pulled
all the monster cables off of my home theater and replaced every interconnector I have to turn the sound down too
loud with the SYnergistic reseach cable alpha sterling series.

Purchased At:   audiogon.com

Submitted by kenneth a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the looking glass phase II RCA, revolution ref. XLR, alpha sterlings RCA and I was blow away by the clarity and sound stage it gives me.
I have to burn in about 30-50 hour to get a excellent soundstage and depth out of them.I have A 350 watt @channel amplifier and balanced are great with the revolution reference XLR cables.
I will never get rid of them because they have so much realism from sound I get it just make me drool and friends come over they want to know why my stereo sounds so good. I keep telling them
the interconnect cables do it but they hear the price they back off but it is worth every penny. I just bought another 10 pairs of alpha sterling with discreet shielding they are wonderfull cables.
I just bought a pair of tribratries silver direct for my friends christmas gift and he is excited because once I let him try a apir of mine burned in for 100 hours he fell in love with the cables so I
had to buy him some cables. I told him there are better ones out there like alpha sterlings and some day he will get demo pair for himself to try. THe detailed ,clarity and great soundstage go hand in hand
in synergistic reasearch product I did buy more for my home theater PRoceed PAV\PSD ,Proceed HPA2, HPA3 it rocks the house I would not put anything else but synergistic research cables definitely !!!!

Purchased At:   0

Submitted by Ket a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
At first the Alpha Sterlings made my system sound overly bright but after breaking them in, they worked better than expected. Good convergence and detail. Lacks bottom end drive. The presentation is slightly on the analytical side but that was what I was looking for. These cables will probably work great with tube gear. Overall not as musical as the Cardas cables. More transparent than the popular PBJs which I still keep as reference.

My system: Acurus DIA-100, Heart CD6000(tube outputs), Energy C4s.

Submitted by mpfos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've tried Ensemble, audioqest, monster, kimber and some other cables. this one got it right. With the other cables my highs were either a little too high making my system sound a little edgy with weak bass and some of the cables just wasn't there at all. with the alpha sterling I got the total speaker range and the soundstaging and imaging is great.....

Marantz SR7000 Recvr