Straight Wire Straight Wire Encore

Submitted by Mark Reynolds a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I tryed this interconnect in 4 systems between various amps, preamps and digtal but never found a place it fit in, Even after 48 hours of burn-in it did not resolve detail at all.
Maybe if you have very bright sounding gear these cables might work.

Purchased At:   Bay area Audio

Submitted by Berno a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
Detail cable.Bright sounding. But very detail in HF.
Bass is fast. Vocal is clear.
Very involving.
Will bring out the best from your music.

Submitted by Brad Smith a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Martin Loggin,adcom 555 amp,melos sha1 pre,adcom dac,dual table,adcom a/c filter
Encore biwire speaker cables to the SL3 loggins,And encore intercont is a wonderful thing!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Brian a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I can only compare to others. I tried some new from a dealer after trying some broken in Transparent Link 100s and 200. I was using some old Monster 400s. The Transparents in my NAD/B&W system gave me awesome imaging for the first time, but were a little lifeless. The highs were very clean and quiet, but maybe rolled off. They had a lot of microdetail, including the bass. The snare drum transients did not seem very good. But I had never heard a better sounding system. I did not realize until then how good my NAD equipment could be. With the Encores new, they were very bright I thought, but this toned down a bit as they broke in. I only had them for 36 hours and I don't know if they were broke in fully yet. They were very musical and made many vocals sound way more beautiful than I had heard before or since. The snare drum transients were very fast. But the highs were very forward and I had no depth to the soundstage at all (of course I never had much before with the Monsters anyway). So, I tried the DH labs ones and they were in between the 2 above. All 3 were a compromise and the DH labs were maybe just a little better than being in between. I have had those for a week now. I figure that I would have to spend 2-3 times as much to do better as far as I can tell.
So, if I didn't care about depth to the soundstage after having heard it and maybe some brightness, I definitely though that the Encore IIs made everything from Celine Dion to Led Zeppelin vocals sound better than I thought the recordings had in them. I miss that clarity and beauty in the vocals, but wondered if it was partly due to the brightness. I have for now settled on what I figured was the best compromise with the DH Labs.
Equipment:
Nad 314 int. amp., 512 CD, B&W DM 310, Velodyne CT-120 sub.

Submitted by Luis a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
Wonderful!!!, controlled and precise bass, and crystal like treble and medium tones, just needs a short time for burning(15-20 hours), but once it starts to work properly, you will be amazed.At this price, it's a steal... run for some pairs right now.
Musical Fidelity and B&W equipment.