Straight Wire Stage Speaker Cable - Pair

Submitted by Jessen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Been using QED's X-Tube XT350 twin run biwire before changing to the Stage. Stage offers excellent soundtage and punchy and well controlled bass. In comparison the X-Tube's treble is a tad lacking and the bass is not as well pronounced as the Straightwire's Stage. Will definately be keeping this wire for a long time to come.
I'm using this cable with my MA Bronze B2 with NAD's C350 integrated and NAD's C542 CDP. Been using Straightwire's Chorus I/C with QED X-Tube 350 prior to the Stage upgrade.Amp end terminated with one pair of bananas and the speaker end terminated with two pairs of teh former for biwire. price paid in Singapore dollars is $48 per metre.

Purchased At:   Alpha Audio SLS

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
Auditioned these against AudioQuest type 6 which were more expensive and found these significantly the better of the two. More neutral tones, clarity and warmth. I have them biwired and use with my Rotel 1055 and B&W 601 S3s. Excellent value.

Submitted by bmwuk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am not the best person to give audiophile descriptions of the sound that came out of these wires. I will tell you that I had been using a simple pair of Monster XP-HP speaker wire that I thought was more than adequate in my system. Boy was I embarrassed to learn that the XP-HP wire was sloppy and inadequate compared to the Stage wire.
The Straight Wire Stage wires performed magnificent in my system. The lows and highs were detailed way more than I could have ever imagined with my system. The detail and clarity that was produced from these wires put a huge smile on my face. I couldn't stop listening to CD's in stereo and noticing the detail that I never heard before.
My movies were exceptional in producing the sounds that I had been missing before. I could hear deeper, more defined bass in my fronts that enhanced my movie experience. I unfortunately do not have a subwoofer due to my apartment situation but I did not miss it after hearing my Paradigm Monitor 9's thump and hump with the LFE sounds. Wow! I kept on saying to myself, "I never heard that before."
I felt as if I had upgraded my compenents but yet it only cost me approximately $160 for a pair of 12 foot wires. The Stage wire was terminated with banana plug connectors and all for $160.
If you are looking for an upgrade to your mid range to high end system but not looking to spend $1000+, I seriously recommend these wires.

Purchased At:   Audible Elegance, Ci