Stealth Cables PGS-XL
Description: PGS-XL looks very much like the PGS, but is noticeably stiffer (because it employs a 7-layer geometry - compare to just 4 layers in PGS; electrical parameters of the PGS-XL are also noticeably different from PGS: the XL version has approximately 2/5 of the PGS capacitance and less than 1/3 of the PGS unductance thus offering superior frequency extremes performance.

Submitted by Alex Moreno a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I would like to start by saying that a lot of things in the high end audio world is pretty subjective and will always depend on your personal wants, needs and tastes. That being said I want to give you some "objective background on my ears": I am an opera tenor... that is only to back up my main statement for this review, so I guess and certainly hope I know how the real thing works, sounds and feels. I think that gives to my ears some privileges amongst others'.

"These ones really sound close to the real thing"
Interlink house is not a marketing company, Serguei knows knows what he is doing. His customers don't have to pay advertising and promotion charges so they' are priced fair. Thx so much for your time.

Purchased At:   Interlink House

Submitted by budburma a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
having spent close to two years comparing, buying, trading, selling and swapping numerous interconnects, the pgs-xl is singularly the best i have heard. besting my previous favorite, siltech sq88, in every way. a large and well defined soundstage with air to spare in both depth and width. incredible dyamics, detail and a deleriously perfect pace. no listener fatigue in these cables at all, just pure music.

i've always been dubious about the word "neutral", but these cables bring my system to that point. sweet, extended highs and deep controlled bass with no rolloff or grittiness (i am particularly sensitive to bright hi ends). in the midrange these cables shine even more with micro and macro dynamics and detail that make the music come alive! (to quote my wife from the living room: "those guys sound like they're actually singing right in the next room! keep those cables!" so what if she's been trying to get me to stop my audio insanity...i think she was being honest.. don't you?....

i had been waiting for that "wow" experience. auditioning some cables i had loaned a friend at his house (az matrix ref), i had that experience with his system...it came alive! i was happy for him, but,...o.k. jealous. siltech had proven a good match for my plinius, but no hair standing on end rush. i got the pgs and it was intriguing in it's rhythm, pace and involving midrange. i took the chance on the upgrade (even though half price new) to the xl and, well ...."WOW!!". hairs on end. goofy smile. all of the above is true and more. i could continue to wax poetic, but suffice it to say: this is the best cable i have heard. period. by a long shot. my search is at an end and i don't miss it! i will be trying all steaalth products throughout my system (below, with present pc's in parentheses). thanks, serguei!

my system: plinius 8200 (bmi whale/ empirical audio magnum2) -> stealth pgs-xl->cary 303/200->(cpcc top gun/esp essence)->ap oval nines->dynaudio contour 2.8's. also sota moonbeam with sumiko the pearl and audioprism powerfoundation II.

Purchased At:   interlink house

Submitted by Drew a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had the opportunity to own cables from a variety of manufacturers. Previous to my PGS XL purchase I had found that Cardas interconnect cables, particularly the Hexlink Golden 5C and the Golden Cross, were the interconnect cables that worked best in my system. I found the Golden Reference to be a little forward in comparison to the other Cardas cables that I seemed to prefer.

Anyway, I had seen a number of positive remarks and reviews on the Internet audio sites about Stealth PGS cables and decided to give them a try. They were around the same price that the Golden Reference and the manufacturer offered a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy. Serguei, the Stealth cable manufacturer, told me that he had a new version of the original of the PGS, the PGS XL. He said a number of reasons why it was better than the original. I decided to give it a try.

I needed to replace a balanced interconnect between CD Player and Preamp because the preamp was placed in a different spot in my audio rack and the half meter cable that I had was too short to reach the CD Player.

WOW!!!!!

This is not to take away from the Cardas Golden Cross at all. It is still my second favorite interconnect and, in my opinion, is much better than previously owned MIT, Harmonic Tech, and Straightwire cables.

The Stealth PGS XL was clearly better in every way. Greater resolution, individual instruments were separated as they are in live musical performance, deep soundstage, strong tuneful bass response, great dynamics, and a very smooth top end performance. I liked the cable so much that I ordered another pair, this time single ended, for between my preamp and tuner.

I suggest that if you are in the market for a high end interconnect that you would make a wise decision by trying the Stealth PGS XL in your system. It has become the interconnect of choice in mine. I hope that soon I will be able to replace all of my interconects with PGS XL. I guess that I will have to start saving now.

Purchased At:   Interlink House

Submitted by HappyFace a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have been an early user of the original PGS cable. I used the balanced
XLR version. On a digital source, PGS
was totally marvelous, musical, and had a very unique 'organic quality'
(see my review posted in Stealth web site). But I prefer using the M21 silver with my phono
stage.

Nonetheless, I have an opportunity to try the latest PGS-XL from Stealth.