Stealth Cables ETS
Description: Interconnects. Solid core 99.99% pure round silver conductors, Teflon insulation, Neutrik gold-plated RCA connectors (these cables are available in RCA to RCA configuration only).

Submitted by marian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought this cables for use with my Nakamichi tape deck for record and listen out signal and was amasing how great silver cable works for recording!Yes,cable have cheap connectors,but what you can expect for this price-pure silver cable.

Purchased At:   interlinkhouse

Submitted by subtitled a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
These ICs are by far THE best value one can buy today. These were my first venture into non-copper wires and I have never looked back. I have bought and sold many different (megabuck) ICs, but the ETS stay with me. They are not the "best" sounding ICs, but they are the best value under $200. There is a certain delicate magic to these cables that are rarely found in others.

One point: one MUST let these (and any other cables) break-in IN THE CURRENT SYSTEM. Even cables that have been "broken-in" in other systems will need time to break-in if moved to another system. Don't ask me why - I can't explain it, but my ears are trusted.?

Submitted by GaryS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've used a few pairs sub-$200 cables, and have found the Stealth ETS to be the best by-far. They do everything I expect from a good entry-level audiophile cable. Slightly warm, very forgiving, and with good bass, clear mids, and a nice amount of upper end detail. The ETS has been a very good match in my second system; in which the CD player, though better than most mid-fi units, has some high frequency grunginess; and the ETS allows the music to come through while downplaying the noise. I also use the ETS in my home theater system.

Purchased At:   Interlink House

Submitted by Jeff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought these for my second system but based my purchase on previous use of Stealth products. Even though this is Stealth's entry level IC, it'll give you a pretty good idea what a silver cable can do for your system. More detail & clarity, a nice soundstage & non-fatiguing. I wasn't expecting too much from these but was pleasantly surprised.

The associated equipment in this system is as follows:
Musical Fidelity X-A1 integrated
AMC CD8b
Infinity reference 2000.3
10'Transparent 14-2 speaker cable
Stealth HAC 6' PC & the 1m ETS.

Most of the time the entire system sits about 5' off the floor on shelving, but when I pull the speakers down to a normal listening position I get the results indicated above. Total cost of this system is $900.00. My rating is for a $50.00 IC. I've yet to hear anything in this price range that is better.

Purchased At:   direct

Submitted by John L a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am not a crazy audiophile who can afford to dump thousands of dollars for the finest cables ever made, but also I'd probably never realize their sound on my modest system. These looked like a good value on ebay, so I picked them up for under $100 for a set of 5 between my preamp and amp. I was using Monster 550s and before that, 350s. To me, these cables made a huge difference in sound from the Monsters. To a completely uninitiated friend, the difference was noticable. These cables are a fantastic value if you are like me and have a Monster Cable budget and Kimber tastes. The only down side is that the RCA connectors were flimsey compared to Monster and a few were a little loose on the connections(I don't think that's good for the sound, is it?) So I just pressed them together a bit to make them fit better. I think these guys make a better model with better connectors, that may be a future upgrade for me.

System used