Nordost Solar Wind speaker cable

Submitted by Pedja a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
This cabel is AWESOME. This is my first review here and I'm long time reader of this site but 'cause of this great cabel I decided now to write something about it ,' cause IT really deserves to be write about !!I've tryed bouth Kimber 4TC and 8TC cable after good reviews here. I've tryed also Monster,Straight Wire, Nordost gold flatline (bi-wire)and few moore, but this cable kill's them all !! This is first time that I'm relly satisfied with sound I've got from my Marantz and JBL with these speakercabels. Maybe like many of you said if conected to "bright" equipement it will sound "bright" specially on tops (discants) but consider to what also many of you think about Marantz (soundskind of "warm" ) I 've couldn't get better combination !! It really deserves 5 points.If I change something in my equipement in future It will for shure NOT be this cabel, this is last thing I will change...and Solar Wind have good bottom end, don't know why many of you complane on it , I've got really fine and deep bass !!

my equipement
MIT digital innterconct

Purchased At:   some local shoop

Submitted by cubemaster a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just upgraded my cable from the Nordost Flatline Gold MK-II Bi-Wire and it was a night and day difference !! The Nordost Solar wind speaker cables and interconnects transformed my system into Blessed Music that is so overwhelming that I tear up at times. My system is: Sony SS-M7 speakers, Sony XA7ES cd player "variable out" directly to a B & K Reference ST-2220 and a ton concrete, ceremic,aluminum and rubber for superior isolation (Thank You Home Depot) !! I also use a powerline conditioner, Audio-Quest powerline filters, a dedicated Orange, Isolated Ground, Hospital Grade outlet as well. Does all this matter ? Absolutely !! Read my review on the Sony SS-M7's !! Although it is not updated with my new Nordost Solar Wind cables, there are no negatives now.. God Bless Music and all who apreciate it...

Purchased At:   ELITE MUSIC SYSTEMS

Submitted by carl cag a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
using 2 x 3mtr lenths

I upraded my speakers recently I went for Quad 22L , and was using Silver Anniversary BI wire which was connected to my M74 missions, which served me well.

After listening to the Quads on the QED wire I decided that I needed to bring the speaker wire spend in proportion to that of the speakers, the hike of 8.00 per mtr to 31.00 per mtr was not an easy decision, but due to the fact that I had put the Q module in my Cyrus CD7 with psxR and upped the ante with a straightwire encore 2 , it was the obvious way forward.

From a cold start without run in the benefits were obvious, the soundstage was perfect and the elecronics seemed to dissapear, it was the music as it was intended , I swapped the interconnects and could hear the big differences, good and bad immediately, as well as the PsxR from the CD player , the Quad 22L / Solar Wind combination are without any doubt fantastic combination, the HF is extended, as is the LF and the bass delivery is as it should be.

Purchased At:   Doug Brady HI FI

Submitted by Marc Baillargeon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great sounding cable. Pricey; I had to be convinced to pay that for it, but I must admit complete satisfaction. It's just not there, perfectly transparent.

Purchased At:   Fillion Électronique

Submitted by Steven Surprenant a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
My equipment: Mark Levison 331 amp, Marantz 63SE CD player, Quad ESL63 speakers, M&K Sub.

I am using a Nordost blue heaven interconnect between the CD player and the amp (direct feed, no preamp). I replaced my Audioquest Midnight speaker cable with the Nordost Solar wind.

Results: At first it seemed only a slight improvemnet. It sounded the same as the Audioquest, but with a little more clarity. As the night went on, the presentation opened up. First, one of the reasons I was looking at new cable was that my system was harsh in the upper midrange. This completely dissapeared and the sound was very smooth. Second, the sound stage opened up and air appeared between all the instruments. And the image went very deep. Third, the bass went really tight. I am a firm believer that no bass is better than sloppy bass, and these cables made the best bass I've heard in my system.

Well, I could go on telling you about all the improvements, but to sum it up, Everything improved in all areas. There was nothing I didn't like about these cables.

Some people thought that these cables were expensive, and for most of us, including myself, they are. But for what you get for your money, they are very cheap. I had someone tell me that when they try new things in their system, they ask themselves if the sonic improvement is worth the cost. When I first listened to these, I thought that they were over priced, but after a short time, I changed my mind. Investing this amount of money in any other area of your system will not even come close to the improvements that these cables provide. Oh, and by the way, they are about $200 less than my Midnights....

My recommendation is that if you are in the market for cables, try these out first. They may or may not be the right cables for your system, but if they are, no amount of money is better spent.

They are truely high end!

Purchased At:   Holm Audio