NBS Signature II
Description: Power Cord

Submitted by palorte a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Good product Indeed but not worth the asking price, would be a happy buyer of the line if US retail would be around 25 to 35 % of the price (sticker).
Very very stiff so you have to order a few inches or feet more than what you need to account for that, equipment against the back0 wall is impossible to connect right.

I just wonder why the people that give this product 5 stars don't put their name in . . .hmmm i find that very odd and suspicious check the guys that have given a real rating give their names .. . just a thought . . .

Well as honest as I can make it for this cables nothing to write home about, pretty good yes, for amazing I go into Kimber Kables, Pure Silver Connection or others some cheaper some others not but all much better . . .

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Gonzalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I called Mr Walter Fields today and tried to do business with him he is the owner of NBS.
After he did not reply to my e-mail requests I decided to call him, introduce myself and try to give him an order for a friend of mine in Souh America that wanted me to buy for him a couple of these cables.
Being very familiar with Cardas, Shunyata, Kimber Kable, and a few other good ones, I could benefit form listening to those cables for a couple of days and get a pretty good idea of teh quality/value, etc.
When I talk to this gentleman i get insulted, he is very rude and vulgar, very non conducive of business.

I don't know weather he is mentally ill or just plain old ignorant and brute.
Does not speak of a person that has the capability to design sonic wonders and the sensitivity to express the many musical textures that a good cable is capable of conveying, as I was sincerely hoping for.

Never was I insulted in such manner while trying to do business with a fellow American in our homeland.

I guess reviews and product quality really don't mean much if you get treated like dirt so you can spend $6 K to $9K for a few cables, it really detracts form teh whole experience.
I honestly believe that if someone comes up with teh secret of teh great american cable and add good customer service and people skils, it will be a great hit, and please call me I'm a buyer!!

Manufacturers like this can afford to exist with such attitude only because their pricing structure allows for this gentleman in aprticular to luxuriously survive a whole month just by selling 1 or 2 cables.
Paying $9K or even more for the pleasure of purchasing a wonderful product made by wonderful people wchich you even enjopy talking to, absolutely!
Now paying a brute rude ingorant that will take your $9K (not mine!!) and treat you like dirt with the attitude and content this gentleman has and call it value??
Absolutely not!
Strongly suggest to give hima call and see what kind of tretment you get for your small fortune spent and if not satisfied, take your business where you are really wanted and your money can be of blessing to many, not to a single entity that has "delusions of grandeure" .
Only in America My Firend! someone like this could last mnore than 5 minutes in business that's why I love this Country, but then "The Land of teh Free" as fee that I am I'll take my money (hard earned) where they trate me with teh most basic repsect i know I deserve and earned.

Main point: if youa re going to spend some time developing a good product you need to get paid for your R & D and taht's a fact, now when you deliver $35 worth of componebnts and materials and about $50 worth of labor and charge some $6,000 for it, you better do it with a lot of courtesy well mannered and very respecful of your customer. Otherwise you're niot even worth your weight in water . . .. or wind in this case . . .

As far as I am concerned I;ll keep my curiosity but enjoy teh reatment I get form the other good guys in the industry.
I'm sorry I really work for my money and respect myself too much to allow this.

As you read this do as you please it's your money and tehn again it's only money . . right? right!

Hope this helps a little and not let anyone disrespect you.

God Bless;

Gonzalo

Submitted by Audiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I love going to the concert. And one of my favorite concert hall is Theatre Champs-Elysee, Paris. Because the hall gives beautiful silky sound. Today, most hifi gives good sound, but nine out of ten system bothers me enjoying music due to excessive clarity? and sharpness.The NBS was different. Its clear and smooth silky sound made me happy.

Submitted by Regis Gravlin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Although the cable sounds very good, I think it is drastically overpriced.
I went back and forth between 3 networked cables plus the NBS and even the much lower priced networked cable was more satisfying.
Sorry, I call 'em as I hear em.

Submitted by Raymond Tan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Power cables do make a difference. I've moved this cable around my systems until it found its best fit with my CD player. That's definitely more punch and clarity. Resolution was better and finer than the darker ESP Essence which I now use with the power amp.

Running in was relatively quick - about 12 hours of non-stop use was enough to remove any edginess. The noise floor was much lower and information retrieval was first class. Try female vocals as a gauge of what NBS can do to your system. The soundstage moved closer to the front. When previously laid back, Holly Cole and Diana Krall suddenly sparked to life with the NBS.

With a good source, the Signature gives an accurate representation of a singer standing in front of you. My total system budget, which includes a home theater set up, was about US$10,000 and although the Signature was a little pricey, it was well worth the extra spent.