Monster Cable XP
Description: Monster XP 11ga speaker cable

Submitted by selfwilly a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
if your system is comprised of tube electronics and horn loud speakers, stay away! i had just gotten two completely overhauled dynaco mk 3's for my alternate system and couldn't wait to get them singing so i figured buying this stuff would be ok while i shopped for another set. it wasnt ok! i wound up borrowing the audioquests from my other system. ahhh !!!sweet sound again-(other system is also tubes and horns) although i can't really say that this wire is no good for all applications it certainly did not work for mine. sound was grainy and harsh and the beautiful 3d image i am used to collapsed.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by aurdav a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought 100ft of this speaker wire to bi-wire my speakers. I had been using I don't know what brand of 16awg (cheapo wire). I ran 2 sets of 15ft. runs to each of my speakers and I can notice little or no difference in sound quality. Maybe I need to try some $3-5/ft wire but somehow I don't think it will matter either. I'm glad I only spent .38cents/ft.

My setup is a Denon AVR1500 pro-logic receiver with B&W DM620i speakers.

Purchased At:   summit source

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this cable as a 50 foot spool for 60 cents a foot. I think Monster has a great product here. It compairs favorably to the "high end" cables I was using. I biwired using the XP and am satisfied to the point of selling my old cables. The qualities of the XP are most apparent after a burn-in of 60-70 hours. Dont spend more.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by ETCpfd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I like these speaker cables. I am not too familiar with high quality cables, for I havent really been into audio for a long time. These are a huge step up from my radio shack 18gauge speaker cables though, so I like them.

Submitted by stu a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this cable at circuit city on the bulk reel. I bought 20 feet and bannana connects (monster also). I got the cable on sale for 1.15 a foot. I compaired the wire with my old bulk wire. I have a piar of infinity overture 3's (that I love). I can say it does add clarity to the treble. The bass responce with the monster wire is indifferent though. I would suggest looking into different wire if you were going to only play music, but it may be a alright investment if you use your system for home theater.
I give this product a 2.5 stars so I have to round up to 3.