Monster Cable Subwoofer Cable

Submitted by mileysubet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought thinking that the monster name was a good name, and well it does seem to be a well known name. Monster is kinda like bose...i.e. a lot ot of talk with no action. They know how to sell products. I compared The Monster bass wire with a cheapo from Radio shack...there was no difference. By by comparing I dont just mean plugging them into a sub and listining (which is valuable no doubt) but I also tested them on an electronic level not many poeople do, and again there was no diff. I say dont waste your money.

Purchased At:   auction

Submitted by amperidian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is for a THX Ultra 2m subwoofer cable. It replaced a cheap 5m cable from AR on a Philips subwoofer left over from a theater in a box system (boomy, inarticulate bass). All I have to say is that even with this bottom of the pile subwoofer, I noticed a difference in response. How good? I won't know because the sub had its numerous limitations. So I took the cable back because it was worth $90 CAD, more than the sub itself. I now have a much better subwoofer and I will try the Monster Bass 1000 sub cable soon, I'm sure it will not disapoint me ... The Monster Sigma Retro Gold cables left me speechless, see my review for them.

Note, my value rating is low only because the cable cost $100 CAD after taxes and I could not readily asses its potential due to my subwoofer. Also, I could not effectively assess this cable's sonic qualitiy for the same reason. But if anybody wants to buy Monster's products, buy their higher end stuff, their regular line is very overpriced.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by JIMMORRISON2000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
i cant possibly understand who these people are saying this cable doesnt make a difference.because it made a big difference on my SW.i think alot of it has to do with people owning a 149.99 pioneer reciever or something.cuz i am running a yamaha receiver that cost 1500.00.before i was using acoustic research cables and my sub sounded sloppy and muddy on some movies and the LFE effects didnt come through too good.so i bought the monster cable thx subwoofer cable and now i have clean punchy powerful bass.and it is not real boomy anymore.so needless to say this cable makes a difference.

Purchased At:   BARRY ELECTRONICS

Submitted by laura_loi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've read so many good things about this cable and how it actually works and makes your sub sound better. I wanted to see if everything i read was true so i bought one and hooked it up as soon as i got home. I tested it with movies and music and i was a bit dissapointed as i was expecting more from such an expensive cable. It didn't make my sub sound any better with cheap cables or the Acoustic Research sub cable i was using before. The only good thing about it is the construction of the cable is good but other than that it don't sound any better than the cheaper stuff.

Submitted by AL a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have two subs in my system, M&K MX90 and a Velodyne HGS-15. Both are on 4 meter cables right in the middle of walls on either side of sofa. Velodyne never sounded all that accurate or tight despite it's servo feedback. Came here and read the reviews. Purchased cables in spite of being skeptical. Result? WOW!!!Bass is tight with superb delineation. I'm a believer now.

Purchased At:   eBay