MIT Cables Terminator 3 Speaker Cable - Pair

Submitted by Mario Reyes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I plan to leave two reviews. This one is my first impression review. The next will be after burn in is complete and my system is completed. I got these new for $200 (regular price was $375). Right now I'm using them with a Jolida 102B running into B/W CDM 9NT's. The Jolida is severly underpowered for this combo so I ordered a Jolida 302B which should be in soon. I originally had Ecosse CS2.3's which were nicely burned in with my old speakers (Sound Dynamic R616). I used my Ecosses first. Sounded good, but the speakers were too bright and low bass (a lot has to do with the EL84 powered Jolida 103). I switched to the MIT cables. Wow, it was like hitting a "loudness" switch. The highs were still there (cables not broken in, EL84s, speakers - bad combo for now) BUT..the bass and depth was slammin'. I can't wait till they burn in fully and I'm using my 302B. So the basic review is that right out of the box, the depth and bass extension is better than my previous Ecosse cables. On Tori Amos, I could hear her feet pulsating on the pedals and pressure on the keys. Listening to classical, I could hear people shuffling, chairs being repositioned, etc. etc.

Purchased At:   Hi Fi house

Submitted by BTMV a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had bought Van den Hul cables (royal jade) a few years ago and as I had purchased a pair of new speakers (Audio Physic Virgo's), I was inclined to see what new speaker cables could do for their performance. The speaker were a major upgrade and new cables might have some effect.
So I asked my local dealer to lend me some cables to see what would happen. I auditioned the MIT 3's together with the Audioquest Bedrock speaker cables.

The bedrocks really improved the sound of my system in all areas. Detail, soundstage, dynamics, bass response, everything was far better than the Van den Hul cables.

Then it was the MIT's turn to set the room on fire, and let me tell you, they really did. The soundstage is so much deeper than the Bedrocks and the overall feel of the music was much more relaxed. The Bedrocks were slightly more dynamic, but this could not convince me in the end.
As they were similarly priced, I decided to buy the MIT's, a fact I don't regret till this day.

System:
MIT 2 Interconnects

Submitted by Bas a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Bottom Line:

Then it was the MIT's turn to set the room on fire, and let me tell you, they really did. The soundstage is so much deeper than the Bedrocks and the overall feel of the music was more relaxed. The Bedrocks were slightly more dynamic, but this could not convince me in the end.

System: