MIT Cables MITerminator 5

Submitted by Geir a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well. I heard they should be a bargain and believed in that. I have tweaked the HF crossover time over again, but I could not get rid of harchness in the upper midlevel and low high level. So in dispair I bought a pair of MCX-1S Monster Cables and biwired my ML331 to the speakers. What a relief. The cheap Monsters are bether in every respect in my system (Electrocompaniet Pre, ML331, Vincent CDplayer and custom made speakers with SEAS Excel and ScanSpeak drivers).

Submitted by Henri Tero a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had the Terminator speaker cable for a little over a month, replacing my Kimber Kwik 12. This cable immediately let more bass, weight,solidity, and less background noise come through. Upon first listen the highs seemed to be completely gone, I almost returned the cable. But after a few weeks of constant "on time", things got a lot better. More music came through compared to my earlier cables. True, these aren't Kimber Black pearls or Mit Oracles, but in a good enough system, one where you can hear cable differences, these are a great cable for the money. Especially $40.00. Definately recommended, but as always so is a test drive.

Syatem: Nht 1.3a speakers,Cableplex interconnect,Rotel amp, AMC cd8b cd player, Mit speaker cable. CD player ran straight into amp.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Initially, I was very happy with the T5 speaker cables, even after several weeks of break-in time. It did seem as if the sound was a bit harsh, but I wasn't convinced that this was from the cables. Compared to the Monster XP's, the sound was much clearer, though a bit bright. I have replaced my T5 with T4 cables and I have noticed a DRASTIC improvement. Harshness is totally gone and bass response is much improved. Bottom line: I highly recommend the T4 cables over the T5's -- well worth the extra few bucks.

Details:
For some reason (I don't recall the logic I used at the time), I used T4 cables for my front two mains and T5 for my center channel. When I added two speakers to another room, I decided to get T4 cables for the center channel and use the T5's on the speakers in the other room. It was then that I realized how much better the T4's were compared to the T5's. Note that I am not saying that the T5's were bad. But, the T4's had less harshness and much improved bass (clear and deeper). In comparison, the T5's had very little bass. Comparing the T5 with Monster XP revealed a trade-off: better clarity (less muddy mid's) with T5's, but not as much bass as the XP. T4's went a step further to get the mid's more "right," improve the bass, and take the grainyness off the mid- to top-end.

I rate the T5's as good and the T4's as excellent values for the type of mid-fi set-up that I have. On the same note, the T4's have made the single biggest improvement in sound in my system (compared to changing speakers and sources).

Equipment used:
Sony AV receiver
Sony DVD player
NHT SuperTwo mains
NHT SuperOne center and surround

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Mladen Solaja a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Using these with my budget system, (cambridge audio m1mk3se, psb alpha a/v's) brought out really nice clarity and dynamics. The strong point of these cables are probably the imaging and overall efficiency. If you're looking to bring life to a starter audiophile system or just any sound system, these cables will bring a noticeable edge to your music and home theatre.

Submitted by James Pipes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased these after listening to some speakers at Paradyme. My listening room is really small and the salesman said that perhaps I didn't need more expensive speakers(that's a shock!) that maybe I needed better wire.
Don't laugh here,I said enthusiast I'm not very wealthy by any means. My speakers are Boston CR6's with a small infinity sub and the YamahaRX V2095 and Sony DVPS330 DVD. The sound was better out of the box and now that I've had them playing for almost two weeks straight they really sound great to me. I was surprised at the improvement in detail ,imaging etc. I can hear things I never heard before.
Eric Clapton's unpluged sounds very good and so do the Naim recordings. I thought that monster was the best in the bussiness(again don't laugh, I'm learning here!). I'm thoroughly happy with them.