MIT Cables MIT Digital Reference

Submitted by pvmil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
I didn't expect such differences could be made by a digital cable. I tested some analog cables and I can understand the differences. I didn't expect equal differences in a digital cable. This cable can almost be seen as a component upgrade compared to the cables I used before. Mij CDP really sounds much better now.

system: Marantz CD63 MKII KI, MIT digital, Parasound C2, Parasound 1206, B&W N805

Purchased At:   euro, used

Submitted by michael klementovich a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been using this Product for over 3 years now and decided to try something else so i bought the Illuminations D-60 and i must tell you that I did not know how good this cable was until i stacked it up against the MIT and let them go toe to toe. The MIT was a tad bit slower and did not seperated the music like the Illuminations did but overall a better cable then the Illuminations will ever be.

Purchased At:   The Cable Co

Submitted by John Rhodes a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I didn't think there would be much of an improvement in the sound, but I was wrong. I used my SPL meter and test CD to confim what my ears heard which was a 3db per frequency response increase. I have NEVER seen a cable increase sound across the entire audio range. Usually it is just at certain frequencies. This cable in the 1 or 2 meter length is awesome and well worth the money. I have never tried anything better. But then I don't have the money for cables as expensive as Kimber Kable either.

Purchased At:   Sound Decision

Submitted by Sam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Provides magical MIT sound for your DAC, smooth yet detailed
highs, vocals very natural. Soundstage is excellent, very wide and deep, great natural retrevial of spatial cues.
Bass is amazing, very powerful and reveals bass details I
don't hear from any other digital cable I have tried.

In summary this beats HT Cyber Platinum a very good cable, just as detailed but treble is less pronounced and therefore sounds smoother, more natural. Bass performance cannot be matched by any cable in this price range. Unbeatable value used, somewhat pricey new at $325, but worth it. My system:

Musical Fidelity A3CD

TDS Passive Audiophile Enhancer

Purchased At:   Audiogon, Used

Submitted by Jim Pipes a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was in the upgrade path again this month and took my wife down to Paradyme in town here to listen to a better dvd player or cd player. Since I'm using the dvd player I currently own as a transport the salesperson told me that I wouldn't pick up much in sound quality. He has helped me get very close to some high end equiptment in terms of performance without spending a ton. Anyway we listened to my Monster cable digital coax I brought in and listened to a number of MIT wires and Monster Cables. The Monster didn't impress with the bass and the voices were very cupped sounded to me,1st time I've really heard this, and the voices were also somewhat more sibilant which has become a pet peeve of mine lately. The lower line from MIT removed the sibilance and was more dynamic but the voices were still cupped a little. Finally we listened to the Reference 1 digital interface and was impressed immediatly and this was out of the box. The voices on Sarah mclachlin sounded very good! Vocals took on a really great presence that wasn't in my sytem before. The bass posessed exceptional depth on my system at home that didn't exist like this before. On Eric Clapton's Unplugged in the very beginning of track 1 there are very low bass frequencies that my wife and I didn't really know were there. For those who aren't familiar with MIT wires and cables they sound somewhat poor out of the box and can even sound worse after 24 hours, but give them the time to "burn-in" and the difference is truly amazing. MIT cables have a warm character to them and in my system which is somewhat bright this tames it perfectly. Spending a lot on cables is not the answer if your system has problem areas and could cost you a lot until you get them figured out. You can fine tune a system that is ready and really inprove it's quality when you get it right though! Set up of different cable brands depend a lot on system synergy, MIT seems to work well in a lot of different set ups. Highly recommended if your system if ready! I didn't pay retail,thank G**, and picked them up for $270+tax. Kind of pricey but well worth it to me. 4 stars for value because of price, 5 for performance.
Jim P