Kimber Kable Select KS 3035
Description: Speaker Cable

Submitted by d guild a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
After researching many different cable brands(AQ,AZ,XLO,Synergistic,etc.) I wound up purchasing the Kimber Select KS 3035. My system got a breath of new life,
after replacing the AQ Slates. The highs are much more revealing without the harshness of the AQ. The sound stage grew wider. The bass has improved extended and tight. The addition of these cables along with the KS 1121 and 1011 have made huge improvements to my system.
My system includes Mcintosh C2200 preamp, PS audio HCA-2 amp, Adcom gcd 700,
PSB Silveri's, Kimber Select speaker and ic cables, HT and PS lab ac cables. Thanks to Paul and Kim for your continued help on my system.

Purchased At:   Top Audio

Submitted by Martin Taylor a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have just upgraded from copper KS-3033 to the hybrid copper-silver KS-3035 and the improvement is very worthwhile. The 3033 itself was a significant upgrade from 8TC and presented a very spacious, 3D sound stage with naturally presented detail, wonderful dynamics and a particularly strong and deep bass.

Specific improvements in moving up to the 3035 are more specific focus - instead of 'larger than life' vocalists, they are now naturally sized and positioned; the loss of a slightly plummy upper bass; enhanced micro-dynamics (particularly the leading edge of piano notes); wider and especially deeper sound stage.

I am using the KS-3035 cables together with hybrid KS-1121 balanced interconnects, which seem to form a symbiotic partnership. If you can afford them and have equipment of matching resolution, I doubt that you'd be disappointed. Highly recommended.

Purchased At:   Russ Andrews Accessories

Submitted by Mike C a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
All the others are a joke,toy,inferior etc to the KS-3035. It's that good. Its expensive and you get what you pay for. You owe it to yourself to at least give the 3035 a week worth of demo if you are spending the bucks on quality equipment. Just remember, you were warned. The others are right on the money. And to think John Dunlevy wrote that article "Cable Nonsense". John, did you ever try this stuff........

Purchased At:   Audio Connection

Submitted by Rick Dry a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have a set of Martin Logan SL3's, Plinius 250 MKIV AMP, Theta Cassablancca Preamp/Surround processor with a Naim CDX CD player for my music system. I have placed my Amp between the speakers having run long balanced interconnects from Harmonic Tech. I was told that doing this would yeild big improvements when using good quality short runs of speaker cable rather than the cheaper long runs I had been using. After trying several different brands of cable I tried out the Kimber Monoacle and was impressed with the rythym, timing and general miscality for the price it was awesome. Then I made the mistake of asking to try the Select KS3035 at several times the price. All I can say is the difference is not suttle. You know how us Audio nuts try a piece of music and with one cable then try the same piece with the other, well when I went to the Select it was not like listening to the same CD it was like someone chance it on me. It was so dramatically different, the sound stage takes on a life like apeal, the instruments hang together in space like you never heard and the music seem to just breath so life like. The reverb and dcay around notes is breath-taking so much so you are convinced it's almost a different track that you are listen to with the Select. Having said this, these cables are not cheap but if you dare to listen you will understand why. The R&D that goes into a product like this probably justifies the price. Fortunately I only need 1.5metres ....and yes it true long balanced and short speaker runs are the way to go. If your looking for that final touch to your system check these out, I doubt there is anything better apart from perhaps the KS3038.

Submitted by Jerry Garrotto a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had my 3 foot pair of Kimber Select KS3035 speaker wires for a month now. I can only tell you that an audition will make you wonder how speaker wire can possibly change the sound of a system so much. This is how my system was supposed to sound all along ! Even the spacial information is clearly focused. It's interesting to hear how clearly you can hear the tail of some reverb artificially pushed into one corner of a recording. I tell my friends to bring over CD's that were a dissappointment in recorded quality, but loved the musical performance. Although the wire won't convert every recording into an audiophile recording, the improvements will be a revelation. This is what I have been trying to acheive all along: I want to enjoy all my music, not just the well recorded stuff. Just for the record my system is: Acurus CD as transport with Kimber ADGL to an Adcom GDA700 DA with Kimber Select KS1120 balanced to Sonic Frontiers Line 2 Preamp with Kimber KS1120 balanced to Bryston 7B-ST THX amps with Kimber KS-3035 speaker wire to Celestion A3's augmented by a Paradigm PW2500 Subwoofer. The system is in a dedicated room with approximately two thirds of reflective surfaces acoustically treated with various custom panels and carpeting all plugged into a dedicated 30 amp circuit breaker.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile