Kimber Kable 8VS
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by D.Durga Prasad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2015

Bottom Line:
Hello guys!!!!
After a long use of Monster 14G speaker cable, i had the opportunity to procure Kimber VS8. Amp side is terminated to a pair of MX banana and the speaker side has been left bare and dipped in pure tin. The result is fantastic. An improvement of 30% over the Monsters.
Fantastic detailing.
Depth in perfect phase with the music. Very very musical.
Equipment: Harmon/Kardon AVR65 in stereo mode.
Speakers: Acoustic Research TSW 510
Turntable : Sansui FR-Q5 with Grado green cartridge / Brehinger Phono preamp
DAT :Sony 77ES
Blue Ray : Sony
DAC : Audio Alchemy

Submitted by Henry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
I am and will always be a big fan of KimberKable product's . Have been a aspiring Audiophile for the last 25 year's . And will not use anything else (if it ain't broke do not fix it) ,interesting enough how some people say there is no difference . I currently run 8tc,8vs, and 8pr thru my system. Mostly designed for music , but with home theater capabilities . Same speaker's , same equipment ,but with very noticeable differences . Depending on your budget and application you cannot lose with any of there speaker cables thru out there product line . I applaud the manufacturers of KimberKable for there developing a high quality product that will not disappoint : )

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by RC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
Never thought switching cables from Monsters Z1 to Kimber 8vs would make such a big diference. The bass seems more in phase with the highs.. The highs on the other hand came to life with these cables. Bi-wiring did not work to my liking. The highs were a little bright..perhaps it's my room dimensions/characteristics & system (25x15 hardwood floors). My system: Onkyo 797, Polks RTi100 fronts, CSi40 center, FX500i surrounds, Def tech 200tl sub.

Purchased At:   Speakerlab

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
First things first, Good job Kimber. I was a little sceptical at first but as many before me I am now a true believer. The 8VS is a very nice cable clean and open. My sound stage is much larger cant find the speakers witch is just what the docter ordered. I am going to buy some 4VS for my rears to make a nice match. Again nice job Kimber.

Purchased At:   Creative Sound

Submitted by Hifi_lc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
To save money, I bought a used pair and terminated by myself. It was 16 wires per end. I then simply put a usual banana plug on Amplifier end and let my Celestion 6SL take the bare end. The sound was remarkably different than the Kimbers 4TC I used. First, about the highs, the 4TC has better (or may I say, more bright) highs. 4TC sounds a little bit more extended in highs. Is that good? Depends! To my 6SL, the more extented high could mean a little too bright. If you have dull speakers, the 4TC is for you. The 8VS sounds smoother in highs, which helped with bringing more mid sounds out. Secondly, with more mids singing out, the image depth is significantly improved. If you read the reviews for Kimber's 4TC, among words of praise, you never see "deep image depth". So I think I am not alone one this matter. The 8VS has better image depth. The solidity and neutrality of the 8VS make my symphony CD's sound more real. The strings are better separated. The bass is not heavy at all. As a matter of fact, the bass sounds a little heavier from 4TC. However, that did not help the image depth. The width of image from 4TC could be a hair better than that from 8VS. However, overall, I prefer 8VS's image. For orchestra, the 8VS make my Celestion's 6SL sound clearer, with better resolution. Although the highs from 8VS sounds weaker than 4TC, the 8VS still has more extented highs than Audioquest's Type 4+. The Type 4+ does have "butter smooth effect". But it is built on the roll off of highs. If you have a dull speaker, you'd better avoid the Type 4+. The Type 4+ also has stronger bass. But it is only for the upper bass part, not for the whole bass part. I am not using subwoofers here. I use it only when I play DVD movies. So obviously, the 8VS is a better choice for my system. The 4TC sounds as if I raised the treble by +2, and raised the bass by +1. This effect could fit your needs. However, to me I prefer more neutral sound. I would like to try 8TC also. If 8TC is better, I will upgrade my system to 8TC. However, for the price of 8VS, I do recomemd it to every one.

Purchased At:   used