Kimber Kable 4PR
Description: (See reviews)

Submitted by JonA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
After lots of internet research, I ordered a 15 ft. pair of these cables (terminated with banana plugs) from tsto.com to replace the Monster XP cable that was running to my main speakers. These cables made a dramatic improvement to the sound of my humble budget system, consisting of a Denon AVR 3803 receiver, Paradigm Mini-Monitors, Kimber PBJ interconnects, and a Boston Acoustics PV 600 subwoofer. Imaging and soundstage were much improved, with greater detail present. The cables also toned down the bright sound from the Mini-Monitors. Of all of the upgrades that I've done, these cables have made the biggest improvement in my system. I recently purchased a NAD C542 CD player to replace a broken (and mediocre) Sony ES carousel unit. The C542 sounds incredible, but has sadly exposed the limitations of my other components. Time to upgrade again....

Purchased At:   The Stereo Trading O

Submitted by jbenjamin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got a great deal on these 4PR's on e-Bay for a 10ft pair. What I did not realize was the aggragate length was 20ft; bi-wire time much to my delight!

I use these for my NAD 317 to Kef Q1's bi-wired and feel that such an improvement is made in "air" and speed. The bass is solid and fast with no boominess; it's just plain clean.

For terminations I just use some inexpensive monster gold plated's that I bought at Circuit City; they're fine.

Purchased At:   e-Bay

Submitted by NickWH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you are looking to upgrade from lamp cord or Moster Cable, this is a nice step up. The bass is tight, the treble is smooth and airy. But what do I know?...I'm not spending $500 on cable.

If you don't own a component that costs more than $1000 than I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor.com

Submitted by Gunnar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
For a budget cable there isn't much to beat it. It definitely "gets out of the way" and lets the components up the chain shine through. Not the most detailed cable available in the world but without peer at the price. Most people can buy this and never think about cables again.

Purchased At:   OZ Enterprises

Submitted by audiomega a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am currently using 4pr along with a bi-amped B&W 602 s2. With adcom 555 on lows & marantz 170dc on mids with bryston preamp the sound is on the forward side of things , analytical , the relative dryness of the kimber was welcome. I agree there is no replacement for good cable but sometimes its nice to find gems like this at a fraction of a price. There are certainly some restraint in crispness but not in air not opaque , definatly a musical cable. Lets face it , your cable ,although important, will never change a bad component into a good one , in relativity. There was a time when my own 'snootyness' would forbid me to enjoy a product such as this, oneday you just wake up and realize the world doesn't need another critic and that to enjoy your system is to not shop anymore.

Purchased At:   private