Elco Audio, Inc. GI-999X Interconnect
Description: XLR Gold interconnects, high purity (99.99%) gold spiraled signal conductor wrapped with multiple layers of Porous Teflon insulation and equipped with gold-plated 19 AWG pure silver ribbon return wire.

Submitted by Dan Chong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Having upgraded my amplifier from a Krell KSA-100S to a FPB-300, I decided to also change my interconnects. Surfing Audiogon, the Elco's caught my attention. I hadn't heard of them before, but they appeared to be a robust cable at a great price, so I took a chance. The difference was incredible; the soundstage opened up, and the spatial positioning between instruments became more focused and distinct; vocals - particularly with female artists, sound warmer and more lifelike; and perhaps hardest to believe, even with the Krell, the bass extension is tighter and slightly more extended. I highly recommend these cables.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I took a chance on these not knowing anything about Elco and not being able to find much info about them. Here's what I found. Great sounding cable at a very very good price. These cables really opened up the soundstage and are very musical. Smooth natural sound right out of the box that has gotten better over the last week. I think they are a steal at the price I paid.

Purchased At:   audiogon