Cardas Audio Quadlink Five Audio Interconnect - Pair

Submitted by Michael Riddle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
While using the original and later versions of the Cardas Quadlink IC in the past 16 years, I have not found a cable in it's price range that sounds "better". The Quadlink has a smooth yet detailed, rich, and 3D sound to it. As a bonus the bass has an excellent balance of bounce, weight, and detail.

Purchased At:   Audio CEU

Submitted by demos100 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
Cardas and Acoustic Zen are two of the companies I have great respect about their products. Im a very happy owner of Golden Reference and Neutral Reference interconnects. Golden Reference is by far the best interconnect I ever had and is my absolute reference - second to none.
I had to find a rather cheap interconnect - a mid-budget product - to be my reference for under 300 Euros (about $350). I tried a lot of interconnects, magic was out, brighness, opaque, darkness, unwanted shine, restricted soundstage, no air surroundings, bad musical flow, noises - different bad things with different brands - you name it. I thought that there were no good hi-end interconnects under this price point. Since I once dropped the Cardas Quadlink 5C RCA. I was already used/own Neutral Reference and Golden Reference and I was complete with Golden R.. I never tried a mid-price Cardas cable before. I did not believe what I was hearing. It was stunning. For the first time I felt like money is not the case here and this interconnect will very easily replace any interconnect of $1000+ and do the job without any flaw. At first, comparing with Neutral Reference, I found an unbelievable for the category precision in imaging, bass quickness, absolutely top-class soundstage, fantastic musicallity and rare at any price music flow. I found it more macro-dynamic than N.R. , with the right amount of body, rich without beign too bold sacrificing imaging,detail or texture. Slightly warm with grain-free high frequencies (something also very hard, combining all the rest or beign so transparent) . Mids and high frequencies are a dream. I still cannot believe that this cable delivers so many good things together. From orchestral and chorus works to heavy metal bands , the sound was stunning - so the soundstage precision and especially depth. Its my absolute reference for under $500 and a cable that you may prefer to switch with your much-much pricier interconnect and will stay in your chain regardless any price. Cardas is about musicallity, richness, harmonic correctness, golden glow, fantastic high's, right bass notes. This cable is here for the 1st award. I love the sound between source and tube amps but also it sounds fantastic feeding any solid-state amp. You won't believe the difference. Remember the word 'flow' . Also, regarding detail and subtle, its so great I still cannot believe it.

Purchased At:   -