AudioQuest Type 6+

Submitted by Bernard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I finally broke down and spent some money on some decent speaker wires. Even though I was always telling anyone interested that wires make a noticable difference, I always had a hard time putting my money where my mouth was.
Anyway, let me tell you that it was worth every penny. Compared to the lamp wire that I was using before these Audioquest type 6+'s sounded amazing! It was as if I had upgraded my CD player or connected it to a high end outboard DAC.
The sound was so much more refined and sweet sounding that I was instantly convinced I had made the right choice.
I heard basslines I had never noticed before on Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" and there was so much more detail that I hadn't heard before on this system.
These wires are ideal for toning down agressive systems or bright tweeters as they leave you with a more subtle soundind presentation. The bass is a strong point though so be careful when matching these wires with a bass strong system as it may become a little too much. Otherwise these wires are excellent for the money.
I Bi-wired them to my Paradigm monitor 7 v3 speakers, NAD320BEE amp, NAD540 cd player and NAD422 tuner. (This is my bedroom system.).

Purchased At:   Kennedy HiFi. Markha

Submitted by Chris Potter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
Used in a biwire configuration with Monitor Audio Silver 5's. Soundstage is very wide and detailed. Placed the vocals out front and between the speakers. Very good bass and excellent high end detail. A great match for MA speakers.

Submitted by Angel O. Rodriguez a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 1998

Bottom Line:
These are great cables for the price ($2.50p/f). The overall definition of the sound it's tremendous. It also improves imaging, bass and high frequencies. I'm using it with a pair of B&W's DM602 (biwire with Monster banana plugs)and Yamaha RX-V990 receiver. I recommend them and also suggest to compare them with other Audioquest cables like the Clear.