Apogee Acoustics Wydeeye
Description: Digital cable

Submitted by Starfire710 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent cable, super cheap. I've seen them on eBay for under $20! I bought several when I added a GW Labs DSP upsampler (this is a killer product!) between the transports and the D/A processor.

Purchased At:   Guitar Center

Submitted by Erik H a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
after I have used the cable for long time, recently I comparing this cable with much more expensive nordost moonglo and TMC digital,
I don't know how Apogee digital made this cable so good and so cheapo..
the cable surpased nordost and TMC especially in vocal sound..
only one strength of nordost which I like..extension of low and high frequency but overall I much enjoyed live with apogee (the apogge only surpasing by audioquest digi pro - almost 8 times price) .. happy listening
o ya... I waiting for a new illuminati D-60 next month

Purchased At:   old audiophile

Submitted by STEVE a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'VE CHASED A COUPLE OF SO CALLED GIANT KILLER ITEMS BEFORE WITH MARGINAL RESULTS AT BEST.
BUT I'VE ALWAYS DONE IT FOR FUN,SO THAT I WOULDN'T FEEL LIKE I WASTED THE DOUGH. (IT'S A HOBBY, RIGHT?)

SO AFTER READING A FEW THINGS ABOUT THIS DIGITAL CABLE OVER THE PAST YEAR OR TWO, AND MOST RECENTLY LOOKING HERE TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAD TRIED IT I DECIDED TO GO GET ONE.

THAT WAS 5 1/2 HOURS AGO. I'M IN ONE OF THOSE MODES WHERE YOU'RE PULLIN OUT ALOT OF DIFFERENT DISC'S SO YOU CAN HEAR THEM WITH THIS NEW "THING" IN YOUR RIG.

RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX, THIS $36.95 (TAX INCL.)
PLAIN LOOKING CABLE SMOKED WHAT I HAD BEEN USING THAT I PAID ABOUT 5 TIMES AS MUCH FOR. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE AFTER SOME BURN IN TIME.

I HAVE THIS RUNNING FROM MY ROTEL RCD-950 TO MY MSB NELSON LINK III (WITH P-1000 POWER BASE).

MY VON SCHWEIKERT VR-4'S ARE SINGIN IN THE BACKGROUND.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DIGITAL CABLE AND YOUR BUDGET IS $150.00 OR LESS, YOU REALLY SHOULD CONSIDER THIS ONE.

IT WILL STAND UP TO MANY THAT SELL FOR MORE.

I BOUGHT IT FOR MESSING AROUND FUN BUT I'M GOIN TO USE IT. AND IT IS DEFINETLY THE LEAST EXPENSIVE "THING" IN MY PRESENT RIG.

Purchased At:   E.A.R. PRO AUDIO-PHO

Submitted by zugswang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great cable. I guess there really is no association between price and performance with digital links.
I got the WE configured BNC-RCA, and I'm running it from my DTI Pro jitter device into my MSB Link Dac. My D60 has been relegated to feeding the DTI. (D60--overrated yes). Wyde Eye is truly 'far better than you imagined!'

Purchased At:   Guitar Center

Submitted by T Majz a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Monster was simply a disappointment, the Illuminati too polite and somewhat veiled, and the Kimber AGDL sounded like someone installed a treble knob ob my system and turned it all the way up! The Apogee A/D was truly balanced and allowed previously unheard detail through in believeable sound. Some people would only appreciate such a cable if Apogee charged them $1,000 for the same product! It's a mind thing! Dont waste your money, listen to real unamplified instruments (at church or concert)and try to capture that sound. Remember, if what you are looking for is better sound than the natural instrument - you may not be being true to yourself.

Purchased At:   Yahoo