Acoustic Zen S-1080 Satori
Description: An incrementally layered, multiple strand, non-extruded, pure "zero crystal" copper cable designed for amplified signal delivery in perfect phase with absolute spectral and tonal coherence; we believe there is none better: state of the art speaker cables that attain extraordinary imaging, ambient detail, and soundstage palpability.

Submitted by fjoggedelic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
Iv`e have tried these cables for now a week or so, and in the meantime iv`e ahd tries a lot of different cables, most of them 3-4 times the price, and i keep returning to the Satori. I`m looking for a "clean" cable that does not colour the music too much, and with great dynamics, and this is what i found in the Satori. Some of the other cables iv`e tried (Dyrholm, Lavardin), whwre either to much laid back or to much forward, but the Satori is right inbetween them all. I think i`m gonna buy these cables, otherwise i will chead my self. Tommorow i`m gonna try Harmonic pro 9 ref, and it`s gonne be at tight match, i`m thinking. iv`e had read exelent reviews of both of the cables, so i will lather on put a comment on wich cable i bought?

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by krypton a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best speaker cable I found after long time searching in the abyss of speaker cables. Also, my current reference . After re-installing many medium to very costly cables in my all tube system, I found nothing that compares with the dimensionality, focus, coherence, height, realism and stunning resolution of Satoris. They deliver the music and specific the bass and mids with such focus, resolution, clarity, bass definition and attack, bass ‘air’ together with ‘correct bass pitch, attack and outline of notes’. Music flow and ultra-open and correctly detailed midrange meets tremendous transparency without any ‘lean’, 'cold' or ‘bright’ character, maintaining a perfect blend of full bodied sounds of f.e. guitars or vocal presence (unbelievable in those areas) and harmonic richness with great amount of air and less distortion. When listening to violins those cables are doing exemplary job – none bettered them. You feel the violin’s ‘breath’ and response with oozes of details inside a coherent and grainless soundstage almost unbelievable. High frequencies are perfectly delivered, velvety without any offence but very detailed. Its impossible to think other than Satoris (single run or shotgun) as my personal reference. They bettered any other cable I tried .They are probably the best cable out there for rock or hard rock lovers –due to focus and bass definition- and (strangely best of both worlds) for classical lovers –due to grainless character, full bodied, clarity and ambience air. Jazz fans will not believe that finally the bass,piano and singer came in their hall for a live so believable .....just installing a cable! None bettered them. The word refined, full bodied and grainless character are not synonymous with inability to sound ‘alive’,’spectacular’ or ‘too polite’ in this case. The singers and guitarists became more alive, more transparent with more height, less grain and edge. Opera hall’s transperancy was remarkable. Drums and bass attack sounded like real with unparallel realism compared with any other cable I tried. (I read somewhere about Holograms even more refined character (?!!) but I have to try them to believe).

Purchased At:   -

Submitted by demos100 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2006

Bottom Line:

I tried many cables between my beloved reference amplifier, Jadis Orchestra Reference KT90Ei equipped and my also beloved Proac speakers. Many of them did a very good job (like Cardas) and some of them didn't justify even for the half of the retail price. From the Cardas family I kept and use the one and only Golden Reference interconnect that I believe none is better or I didn't heared any better in my system.
I read for Acoustic Zen's Satori in Stereophile & Soundstage.com and since I have a huge respect for Acoustic Zen brand I tried the cable. I have to admit that I had never owned a better cable , its THE reference cable at any price category. Im so enthusiatic because I cannot find a fault.
First of all, this cable is absolutely neutral sounding - it does nothiing to the signal fed, it doesn't color the sound at all. Add to the world-class neutrallity a world-class cohesion from top-to-bottom that is making this cable mayby the best high-end audiophile cable. And how is this possible ? Simple, the cable -compared to many $$$$$ otherrs- have the lowest distortion and noise free delivery of signal to the speakers. Its a wonder. The best high frequencies I ever heared of, smooth and rich like f.e. real-life violins at the concert hall and absolutely neutral ,without a hint of annoying noise that adds character (and sometimes audible distortion) or somethimes 'opens' more air on top. Some cables that sounds more open on top mayby sound thin, uneven with the rest of freq. band, colored or generalizing the higher notes of stringed instruments. NOTHING goes wrong with A.Z. Satori. Going lower to the glorious midband, it is the most neutral , rich , well defined , pure and correct placed midrange that is locked with the rest of the spectrum. In this point I have to say that the soundstage depth, height, precision and detail is so realistic,correct & cohehent in a way I never thought is possible to expect from a speaker cable. Dynamically, its so gorgeous that I have to listen and re-experiance again all Haydn,Mozart and Beethoven symphonies but also all my Jazz and Heavy Rock CDs from AC/DC to I.Maiden. Last but not least, the bass that the cable is carrying is a miracle. Rich and bold (like the rest of the spectrum) with unbelievable focus and real-to-life clarity. Stunning. With the right amount of 'punch' , the Satoris reproduce the perfect soundstage with the blackest background, sweet but neutral highs & mids and real-tight-correct bass. Every bass note is heared without melting and thats very hard for a speaker cable dealing with tubes - a great bravo to Jadis here.
Finally , sorry for my English and errors that mayby appears in my review. Just buy the cable - it is one of the rare, top of the A class category cables.

Purchased At:   -

Submitted by NY1PR2002 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2005

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun in 10ft.I was convinced that after using my previous speaker cables ( Acoustic Zen Hologram II)there was no need to search for more speaker cables. Wow!! Was I wrong. Don't get me wrong, Hologram II are great speaker cables but since I have purchased new speakers with "multi-drivers" Mr. Lee at Acoustic Zen adviced me that using the Satori Shotgun Speaker cables will bring out a more subtle and neutral sound from my speakers. I have to say that Mr. Robert Lee at Acoustic Zen is one of the most knowlageble cable makers in the industry.By telling him what your system consists of he will be able to tell you exactly what is the best cable for your system. The Satori Shotgun are Remarkable cables. After a 100+ hours of break in time I sat down to carefully listen to these cables. My first impression was that the Bass was Quicker,Tighter and very well Defined.You can really hear all the instruments in a very natural and clear way that if you close your eyes for a few seconds you may think that you are sitting next to the Soundstage.The Highs and Lows work together in such a perfect Tonality that you can hear every piece of instrument in a band or concert without loosing any detail or transparency in the music. The Harmonic Structure of the music has been much more improve over the Hologram II cables and trust me the Hologram II are great Speaker cables as well. The Satori Shotgun are such great cables that in many magazine reviews have been compare to the Nordost Valhalla and in some of those reviews they have been rated higher that the Nordost. Do yourself a favor and give these cables a try. I am very confident that you will not be disappointed and probably you will also be writing a review about these cables.These cables provide all of the aspects in sound that Audiophiles search for in Speaker cables but only those limited few can offer. The Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun are one of the Best Speaker cables out there regardless of price. They are here to stay in my system for years to come unless Mr. Lee at Acoustic Zen makes another set that may be an upgrade to the Satori's. and only then I will change, !whoops" I meant Upgrade because my complete Audio/Video System Only uses Acoustic Zen Cables.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Zen

Submitted by muzz777 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
Value! There is no better cable for the money! sounstage, macro and microdynamics, tonal cohesion, bass definition. I demoed these cables and loved them so much that I bought them for one of my cheaper systems. If you doubt this review, then go listen for yourself!

Purchased At:   direct