One For All Cinema 7
Description: Universal Remote

Submitted by Vicky a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
This remote was completely programable. After 4 different remotes this one came closest to operating all of my components and with the help of some unofficial web sites I was able to program all the functionality of my original remotes plus some features that were not available.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Michael S. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've owned this remote for almost three years and have been extremely pleased with its performance. I rarely grab one of the original remotes any more. This is the only remote I use. The IR bounces off walls great so I don't have to be perfect line-of-site to the device I'm controlling. I use my remote for an old Sony SLV-696HF VCR, Dish Network receiver, a Sony STR-DE705 AM/FM/Receiver amp, Philips DVD711 player, and ancient Fisher TV. The learning capability of the remote has given me access to all the functions I need for my units. I am very pleased with this remote and don't have any plans to get a new one any time soon.

Submitted by Peter Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is my first universal remote. I did a considerable amount of shopping before settling on this. Overall I have been very happy with the choice. The button layout makes sense and it is well built. They thought of most functions that one might need. I think this is an excellent choice without going to the much more expensive models. The learning keys are the saving grace as each component will be missing some button. The learning keys filled all but a few on the needs. I will reprogram one of the unsused component keys to take futher advantage of the learning keys.

The only down side, as I suspect is true of most universal remotes, is that some keys have to serve three or four functions and will not be marked as such. So some features are hard to find.

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by Ken a

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
Product worked great for about 8 months. One day, it lost it's memory. I got the pre-programmed codes reentered, but the learning keys no longer work. It is now as useless for most of my components as a $8 truck stop special.

Submitted by Big Lazy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is without a doubt one of the finest purchases I have ever made...the one for all cinema 7 has TOTALLY replaced 5 crappy remotes (1 denon, 1 panasonic, 3 sony). i didnt think this was possible without shelling out 300 for a pronto, but it is. i was able to program in all the functions i need for all my devices, even some that werent included on the original remotes.

there is extensive information and advanced codes online:

also great is the fact the remote has a built in sleep funtion, which my denon 3300 doesnt have.

for the price it cant be beat, run out and buy one now! you wont be disappointed...feel free to email me with ne questions. :)

Purchased At:   Best (Worst) Buy