Vantage Point Euro EAW409-B
Description: 4-Shelf Audio Rack

Submitted by GoodSound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I must admit I was sceptical initially with the build quality. But once I completed the easy no tools assembly. I was impressed with the solid construction and looks. For money it's tough to beat!

Purchased At:   Audioadvisor

Submitted by Abe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent rack, I looked around for racks under $200 and this one was by far the best. If your looking for a nice, sturdy rack, but don't want to spend 400-500 dollars this is the rack for you. I was a little sceptical when I bought the rack, thinking it might not be as good as everyone says it is. But it is truly a fantastic rack, if you buy one you'll be happy with it.

Purchased At:   The Funds Group Online

Submitted by Corey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
Quality of the components is very good. The metal tubes look very nice, and the wood shelves are very solid. Packing was excellent, no damage in shipping.

The only problem I had was that the top metal mounts that the threaded rods screw into are easy to rip out from the top shelf. Don't attempt to tighten the threaded rod too much, or lift the rack up by only the top shelf. I modified mine to use t-nuts through the top shelf to securely attach the rod mounts to.

Overall, a nice stand for $200.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Dean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic rack system which I purchased for my home theater gear a little over two years ago. The base setup is $199 and I got the 12" expansion add-on and castors at the same time. Assembly was very easy. I also have a Premier rack setup which I'm using in another room. It's modular like the Vantage Points but not as sturdy or as cool looking.

I have 2 VCRS, LV/DVD PLayer, Satellite Receiver, Pre/Pro, CD Player, Power Conditioner and a hefty ATI AT1505 Power Amp at the bottom. Even with all this gear piled on it, it rolls around very easily on it's castors.

The only caviet I would mention is that the platforms gather dust being that the paint has a wrinkled finish. Overall they are at the same time simple and elegant.

Now that I am building a high-end audio-only system I am in the market for another rack. I have looked at Target Beta/VR, Lovan, Zoethecus, Billy Bags and Grand Prix Audio. Some of these setups are close to 2000 smackers. If you haven't seen the Grand Prix Audio racks you really should have a look at these. They're gorgeous and I've been told they make a huge difference in the sound quality, but they cost a large monthly mortgage payment. Go to www.grandprixaudio.com to check em out.

However, after looking at all these cool racks, I may just end up getting another Vantage Point EAW409B. That's how much I like em.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
Yeah yeah, I got it from Audio Advisor too. Great rack for the money, or a lot more. Assembly easy--tho watch screwing the rods into the top shelf flanges, they don't go nearly as far in as they appear to. Bought the extra bottom shelf and casters as well, mobility being more important in my set-up than absolute deadness (unit sits in large closet on separate foundation from stereo). Looks fine, solid and rigid without weighing a ton, holds everything with plenty of horizontal and (more importantly) vertical space. BEWARE OF THE 5-SHELF VERSION--it's the 4-shelf with an extra added in, which lowers average vertical spacing from 9" to 7-1/2"--too short for my power amp at 8" and insufficient for my A/V receiver (which while not oversize runs fairly warm and needs as much top clearance as possible).