Salamander Design Twin 40
Description: Rack

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Fairly easy to put together, but time consuming @ 2hrs. ea. Very solid system once every thing is tightened down. Rubber isolation pads between washers & mounting bolts each side of the shelf should help eliminate unwanted vibrations.
Seven component slots if you also use the top shelf to hold Two. I am using two of these units, mirroring one on each side of my 50in RPTV. Each side has two shelf bays. I've set them up with three shelves on one bay set Ten inches apart starting 10" down from the top then on the bay with Two shelves I started 15" down and set them 10" apart. It gives them a good balanced look with equal spacing. Additional Salamander items I want to add include storage drawers for my DVD cases, wire management, rear panels, endcap arches. The closeout price of $175.oo is less than 1/2 price, but is only good on the Hazelnut finish. Not a bad finish but it looks a bit like light color stain over MDF (no wonder they dropped this color). I may paint the shelves black or stain a darker faux wood grain over the shelves anyway ! Definitely recommended

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor - Audioreview.com

Submitted by Hammer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
Exceptional value,sturdy,silver and black really matches the rest of my system.

Submitted by Nicholas Garn a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
This piece by Salamander is SUPERBLY STELLAR!!! I love it. I ordered it in the black of course and also the Arch 3.0 in the natural cherry. I have to admit I was a little sceptical about how this look would turn out but wow is it gorgeous. The Natural Cherry is a perfect compliment to my black components. This rack I believe could probably support the weight of a small truck. It's simply amazing.