Quadraspire Q4
Description: Audio Rack

Submitted by Top Cat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this in the beginning of 2000. It looked good and was easy to assemble. However, it really didn't improve the sound of my audio gear significantly compared to the sound I had when the same gear was stacked on a pine coffee table!

Quite simply, at the price it is pretty furniture, but compared to the superlative Mana system it is musically dull, smears detail and results in an insipid, lethargic presentation which does nothing for the musicality of the gear on it. Which is fine for background listening; I was relatively satisfied (not ecstatic) until I heard what a Mana wallshelf did for my LP12. I quickly realised that the Mana system was in a different league in performance terms and luckily sold the QS for a reasonable price.

I never looked back!

Submitted by Tom Bower a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was very disappointed with this. The reviews all seemd good, it looked gorgeous on the web, but the sound was a definite retrograde steap. It seemed to suck the life out of my system to a point where even my wife said it was "not sounding as good as before" (my wife, who suggested we look into better looking system supports eventually suggested we try Mana, even though it wasn't a pretty. In the end we sent the Quadraspire back with a firm "No thank you" and asked for our money back. In the meantime we invested in a set of Mana Acoustics supports (A reference Turntable Table and a 5-tier Amp Rack), and those made a maked improvement and we could really hear what the fuss was about. I shall avoid Quadraspire in the future.

Submitted by K.A.S. a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 1998

Bottom Line:
Excellent product, but good luck finding it. I finally ordered direct from the factory, but had to call the UK to do it. I could not find a working 800 number anywhere. Anyway, the product is easy to assemble and expand. It provides a sturdy, well isolated and attractive rack that is traditional and stylish at the same time. The shelves are large enough to fit most components, my theater system includes a large, heavy ATI amp and the rack accomodates very well. The wood finish is excellent and shipment was prompt, especially given it began at the factory in England.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile