Thule Audio PR 150B

Submitted by Per Engstrom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this pre-amp together with the Thule Spirit PA-150B power amplifier and a Spirit Tuner. I used to connect them with XLR-cables and that was ok, but I´ve recently discovered that using solid core coaxials (RG62) makes the package really come alive. This is no nonsense! It truly makes the amplifier completly transparent. That in combination with high power makes this combination a really good choise. And then there is the looks, clean and simple lacking all of the gadgets you never use anyway. Black slightly curved front with one red LED display, one golden volume knob and one black input selector button and that is all there is :) Beatiful is the word I´m looking for! The remote has tone controlls and balance controll, all adjustable in five steps (+-2). That´s it I guess, it´s simply a solid product :)
PR 7500Skr $750
PA 11000Skr $1100
Tuner 4500Skr $450

Purchased At:   Gorans HiFi

Submitted by Stefan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this beautiful preamp 2:nd hand to use with my Rotel RB991 poweramp. The Thule is very well built and very flexibel with both RCA and XLR in and outputs, tonecontrolls, remote, etc. The sound is wery controlled with lots of details. The bass is tight and dry and the soundstage rather big. For the price I think its hard to get a better preamp. If I dont seem to be 100% entusiastic ints because i drem of a Copland 301 valvepreamp, but until I get my hands on that I am happy with my Thule.

Purchased At:   Hificenter - Malmö

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
This pre-amp gets out of the way of the signal. Have used it with multiple sources and all sound alive, present, musical. Soundstaging excellent for class. Remote (which also controls Thule CD player and amp) is easy to use. Styling is clean in the Scandinavian way (Danish product), with a black body and one silver knob and a digital display of input.