Gateway DMP-X20 MP3 Players

2.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $271.00

• Built-in FM tuner
  • Digital voice recorder
  • The lightning-fast USB 2.0 interface
  • Delivers a clean, crisp high-fidelity sound

Submitted by Cerebralentropy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a great looking unit, tremendous capacity, and very user friendly, until it stops functioning properly. My first unit worked well for a month, had problems for a month until it became inoperable. Great support from gateway, unit replaced! But 16 days out of the 90 day warranty period, replacement unit died. All Gateway could say was"You should have purchased the extended warranty".

Purchased At:   Audible .com

Submitted by ricma2000 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
Outstanding player. Great sound, easy to download files, easy to navigate. I use this about 4 hours per day, every day, and so far have not had any problems whatsoever. Currently these players are on clearance at 50% off though most retailers since Gateway is brining out a new model for Christmas. Overall, the DMP-X20 is AT LEAST as good as an iPod.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Norbert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased Gateway DMP-x20 Digital Music Juke Box. System crashed within 24 hours. Spent 3:45 minutes on the phone with Gateway, Employee Adam gave me work order, transferred me to Customer Service, employee Laura badge #1629 was to register my item, stated she did gave me registation number transferred me to employee Jason badge #156 who gave me run around. I asked for supervisor, transferred to Billy badge #072 who also gave me run around and transferred me back to Customer Service Janson above after I begged him not to do it. I was on hold for 1 hour so I called using my cell phone on hold 30 minutes. Employee Todd Badge #055 could not help me. He transferred me to supervisor Jason #012 who could not tell me how to get my problem resolved. Finally just returned the unit to Amazon with a letter explaning above. Summary, do not depend on Gateway MP3 support to resolve your problems if you have any

Purchased At:   Amazon

Submitted by TBC a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
Top notch sound and construction. Easy to use. Better than the overpriced iPod

Purchased At:   Gateway Store