FrontierLabs NEX MP3 Players

· onboard 64 MB memory, expandable to 96 MB using Smart Media cards · backlit LCD screen that displays ID3 Tags (artist/song title), song durations, bit-rate, memory level, battery meter · full featured playback controls including user programmable playlists and shuffle play · separate bass and treble controls · interchangeable NEXkins™ -- comes with black, silver, red, blue, Alienskin, ElectricRed and Zebra

Submitted by JMelchiors a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this player because I needed an MP3 player to use when working out. I wanted it to be lightweight and expandable without any music security software. Battery life was also a high priority. So far, it's been fantastic. I've read a few reviews that complain about the ill-fitting headphones, but they fit me. With a 128MB flashcard, I'm getting over 4 hours of playtime with 2 AA batteries.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by Dan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a great MP3 player that uses my compact flash card. I use a 128mb and a 256mb card for quick changing of music selections. The face skins are cool and can change it looks to your liking. The button will take some time getting use to, but it gets easier as you play with it more. The headphones that come with them is not too good. They don't fit my head right and the cusions flip open with music spilling out when worn. I got a pair of Sony's MDR-EX70LP that provided good deep bass but acts as earplugs as well. The Nex II lacks a surround sound or echo mode which should make the MP3's sound clearer. It sounds kind monotone and flat sounding. NEX II is flashable and will soon be having a upgrade on their sight soon. A sleep timer would be nice since it will runs your batteries dead if you fall asleep. I overall enjoy this MP3 player and waiting for the new upgrades as they put it on their website. I am glad I made this purchase and use it everyday. Got it on eBay for $95 + shipping.

Purchased At:   eBay