Creative Labs Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Players

• Adjustable 4-band EQ with 8 presets
  • USB 2.0 interface

Submitted by zborbaski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
Price Paid: $86

Summary:
Before Zen Touch i have been using Creative MuVo2 5GB...the sound quality and using was perfect. After a couple of years i saw the Zen Touch on market for a very good price...and i bought it...Two of my friends has been using it, so i knew how great this product was...i gave MuVo to m girlfriend and more satisfied with this one...By the way im using it with Technics Rp-f 800 Headphones, amazing match...you could even unbelieve that you are listening mp3...

Strengths:
- Sound quality
- 20 gb capacity
- Reset button for unexcepted freezing
- Material Quality
- Well Creative support even when your warranty is outdated
- Fast
- You can listen to it sometimes over a week without charge it :D

Weaknesses:
- You cant use it as a Hard Drive at all
- Hard to navigate folders and music, because its not working like Windows, but Muvo does
- Too simple screen Wieving (Dot Matrix System)

Submitted by adibigs87 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
The main reasons for purchasing the Creative Zen touch was due to its battery life and ease of transfering songs onto the player without using any softwares.
A few months back I had purchased a Ipod I am not here to dis that unit at all it was a great unit aswell , dispite the better battery life the Zen has a totally different sound quality I am not sure if its the format or better engineering of the electronics. The factory earbuds don't sound anywhere near my Bang & Olufsen headphones but the player and earbuds must be designed around eachother because the sound is like hand and glove.

Purchased At:   Micro Center

Submitted by mrhazel44 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
To anyone who is considering the Zen Touch and/or Apple iPod, I would have to vote in favor of the Zen. While I myself do not own an iPod, I have several friends that do, and they are always complaining about the crappy battery life and how the sound quality leaves something to be desired. With my Zen Touch, those problems are kept at bay. The battery specs indicate it is supposed to last 24 hours, but I have repeatedly drawn 26-27 hours out of it with mp3s at 128 kbps. The iPod gets 12 hours at best. Also, the sound quality is like none other. Not only is there hi-fi quality sound from the player, but if you purchase yourself a nice pair of headphones to match, the sound is amazing. I have a pair of Shure E2c sound-isolating earbuds also purchased from Comp-U-Plus. With this combination I am hearing sounds in the music I have never heard before, and the overall effect is terrific. I would highly recommend either product to anyone considering them, as well as Comp-U-Plus, which processed and shipped my order in 2 days. If a so-called 'iPod-killer' exists, the Zen Touch is it.

Purchased At:   Comp-U-Plus (www.com