Archos Gmini 402 (20 GB) Digital Media Player MP3 Players

The Gmini 402 is the latest ultra-small, ultra-light, ultra-slim Pocket Multimedia Center of the ARCHOS Multimedia Range. Its compact design, stylish appearance, and extensive functionality offers the future of mobile entertainment.

Submitted by sharpkeith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased the 402e on line and it never worked. I contacted customer support and here is what happened. On Aug 25 I purchased an Archos Gmini 402E which was faulty and did not work. I called to get an RMA (return merchandise account number) and was told one would be e-mailed to me. It was not. I called to get another RMA and one was e-mailed to me but I was told to ignore it because I qualify for an advanced RMA and that would be e-mailed to me. It was not but the one I was told to ignore was. I called to get the advanced RMA and was told it would be emailed to me. It was not but the one I was told to ignore was re-emailed to me. I called again to get the advanced RMA and was told I could not get one unless I paid for shipping, this gentleman was very rude to me and finally said "look you don't have a choice you can pay for shipping or not get a new device". I explained that I paid to have it shipped to me in the first place and didn't think I should have to pay to send back a faulty piece of equipment, I further explained that I did have a choice and I asked to speak to a supervisor at which time I was transferred. I explained my situation to the supervisor who said he would speak to shipping and that someone would give me a call in a few days. I was contacted and the woman who contacted me stated she didn't know what the confusion was but a new unit would be sent out to me. After waiting a week and a half I called to find out the status of the shipment. I was told that it was never shipped. I was then told that this was a very easy situation to clear up and I needed to fax a copy of my original receipt and give my credit card information which would not be charged. I then faxed the receipt and gave my credit card information and was told that a new unit would be shipped out to me right away. Today almost two weeks later I called to find out the status of the order and was told that it was never shipped out and that they needed my credit card information. I gave them my information again and asked to speak with a supervisor. The gentleman I was speaking with said he would transfer me and then hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to the RMA department. I stated I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was told I was speaking to the supervisor of the RMA department. I re-explained my situation and complaint but they already knew it since they were the ones who failed to ship the new item to men in the first place. Danielle the girl I was speaking to said they didn't send it to me the last time because they thought they didn't have all my credit card information but upon further review of my file they realize that they do have it all and will be shipping me a new product after the weekend. At this point I do not believe them and am also very worried about my credit card information that they have. According to my cell phone I was placed on hold for an average of 30 min every time I called and that includes when they hung up on me.

MS 1400W: