Memorex MMP8570 CD Players Portable

• Digital FM tuner
  • MP3/WMA compatible

Submitted by Brandon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
I repair and upgrade computers for a little side cash. I'm only 16 so I don't really make all that much money doing it. After a long day of work and a pocket full of cash just waiting to be spent, I headed on over to Target. I was looking for an MP3 player with decent internal memory, but the real thing I was looking for was expandable external memory. I came across the Memorex MMP8570. I thought wow! 512MBs, expandable memory, and a really nifty looking blue backlight. So I bought it, $80.50 after tax. Came home, installed all of their crap software. Then loaded my music on there. Oh man, I was cool now. Finally got an MP3 player just like every one else. Only until I tried to play my songs. Could not find a single one. Only tracks with the title "ARC-3232..." So I went back to my computer, finally figured out that you need to put the tracks in a certain "Artist - Song name," file format, but also go to proprieties and name each song in the advanced options. After about 3-4 hours of going through each of my songs and renaming the, I was ready to cruise. Now this thing isn't all bad. It worked pretty well when it actually worked. I never really used the FM radio built into, so I don't have any complaints with that. 6 days after buying it though, the menu and volume button just stopped working. So completely upset with this thing, I took it apart. I found that the menu button had just fallen off the green board. The button didn't even have anchors where it could've been soldered down, just the conductive tape that was holding it down. Then the volume button was just starting to do the same thing. So I put it back together and I'm taking it back to Target. The bottom line is, I'm sure there's a better MP3 player then this one, don't buy it.

Purchased At:   Target