Aiwa XP-V70 CD Players Portable

4.15/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by Dan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I received this as a gift from my grandparents last christmas. i have taken this player with me on planes and car trips, the car plug in is very convienant for trips so you don't waste your batteries. this This is a very sleek and easy to use cd player. I have not had to go beyond the 10 second EASS setting yet. a very good product.

Purchased At:   Wal-mart

Submitted by Jeff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
Oh, I miss my old Aiwa--stolen with my briefcase. My Insurance Co replaced it with the XP-V70. Looks nice, but it is not the same... Sound is OK, but the old one was better (I also lost my Kenwood KPM-810 Noise Cancelling headphones that were unbelievable). Battery life is good, I get about 6 discs at highest volumes before I need to replace them. My complaints are as follows: First, the controls always seem to be turned on when the player is in my computer bag, so I need fresh batteries for every trip I take. Second, the EASS is broken to the point that CDs will spin, but not play, when EASS is turned on either 40 or 10 second playback. EASS used to work great, but without it the player is really delicate and skips--a lot!. My controls, especially the volume is adding static to the sound. (I now use Sony MDR-EX70LP earbuds + $20 Boostaroo portable amplifier) And my headphone jack is starting to lose one of the channels if I don't jiggle the input. I was disappointed (more like fooled) by the metalic plastic body of this player, my old one was metal. I'm back on the market for the best sounding and most durable player. Then I'll get my Kenwoods back unless I can demo some Grados...

Submitted by Da dude who added this product a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
BUY THIS OR ONE OF THE NEWER ONES, but they don't have BACKLIGHT! hehe

Purchased At:   aWal-mart

Submitted by jerad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
all in all a fine cd player for anyone of any age. it has 40 sec anti skip which is the best right now. if you bye this you will definetly get your money's worth.

Submitted by jt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
buy it.. the price is a deal for what you get. it also comes with a car kit. it has never skipped and has always played. great cd player.

High End: