unknown Olasonic TW-S7 USB Powered Speaker System Computer Speaker Systems

Designed to unmask the full potential of a personal computer to serve as a high-fidelity stereo digital audio transport, the TW-S7 USB Powered Speaker System delivers 10W+10W high-fidelity sound reproduction on USB power. The newly designed Super Charged Drive System (TM) stores electrical charge during periods of low signal output in order to provide additional power during periods of peak signal output. The speaker employs a single, 60mm full-range long-stroke drive unit powered by a massive 55mm ferrite magnet driver with a passiver radiator and high-frequency diffuser positioned along the same axiss to provide bass resonance reinforcement and scatter high-range sounds, respectively. The innovative elliptical cabinet provides superior strength and hardness and boosts effective use of space by eliminating the need for insulation. The high-gloss molded construction eliminates the use of paints and resins, contributing to the holistic environmentally friendly design.

Submitted by David Nevins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
(The model year for these speakers is actually 2011, but the dropdown menu won't let me select any year above 2010)

These are nice! I plugged them into my computer, expecting them to be good after reading how well they appear to have been designed. But when I heard them go for the first time, I was amazed at the experience. I've heard plenty of small, computer speakers, expensive ones included, but none that came close to the fidelity and richness of the sound the Olasonics produce.

There is a lot I love about these speakers:

1) Amazing, rich, full, clear, crisp sound; strong bass,

2) Plenty powerful!

3) No power cord. Purely USB powered,

4) Low power consumption. I'm always concerned with conserving energy. With other speakers, I have to remember to turn off the power when I'm not using them. These only draw power when in use, plus, they have a very efficient way of storing energy during the quiet parts of the sound, and use that energy for the louder parts. I suppose that helps conserve battery power on your laptop too. How ingenious!

5) Great design. At first I thought the egg shape was a little gimmicky. But after reading about the design, I see that the shape is integral to producing the high-quality sound. It's truly an example of form following function. And really, they look great on my desk.

6) Speaking of the egg shape, there is another great advantage to this that the packaging doesn't mention: You can easily position the speakers to any orientation so that they are aimed perfectly to produce the best sound given your position, room dynamics, etc.

7) Right and left speaker are not permanently connected to each other. They connect with a simple mini-jack. I haven't seen this in other comparable speakers. It's a small thing, but I love the fact that you can therefore separate them as far apart as you like, just by adding a simple extension. I really love the attention to these small details. It shows how much care and effort went into the design.

The bottom line for me was the grin-inducing experience of listening to a room full of rich, clear, hi-fidelity sound that powerfully fills the whole room. Awesome!

Atlantic Technology: