Shure SRH840
Description: Designed for professional audio engineers and musicians, the SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones from Shure are optimized for studio recording and critical listening. <ul> <li>Closed-Back Design</li> <li>Neodymium Drivers</li> <li>Swivel Earcups</li> <li>Single-Sided Coiled Detachable Cable</li> </ul>

Submitted by erickcid a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I paid $200. I have owned a few headphones in my life, including top of the line Sennheisers, which I paid ~$500 for (2005). I love headphones. For $200 I consider these value priced. When compared to the market as a whole, its just not a lot of money, especially when you are aiming for the best. Its a lot of sound for your dollar. Maybe there are headphones that sound better..., if they do, not by a lot, and I am pretty sure they cost a lot more. Money no object, you should listen to these. They sound great. Mine are new, but I have heard enough equipment in my life to know they are special. I buy based on sound, not looks or comfort, but in those categories the Shures hold their own. A gift at $200, and I mean GIFT. That you can buy them for less online is a downright blessing. While your at it buy yourself a cheap headphone amp, I got a Behringer HA400 for $20, its just ridiculous. Ridiculous. Samson also makes great inexpensive headphone amps that I have had good experience with.

Criticism; the exposed wired above each channel. Why?

Product model year:   2009