Cambridge Soundworks Outdoor
Description: 5.25" Woofer and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by kawfin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was a bit skeptical on ordering outdoor speakers,how good can they really sound? But let me tell you,once I installed these speakers{which was a breez}I could not beleive my ears when I heard the sound coming from them.I have a d.s system hooked up to my receiver and get digital broadcast and the music coming from the outdoors was simply incredible.I could here every piece of the orchestra.every hi note and the wonderful sounds of the bass drums.I truly recomend these speakers for anyone who truly demands quality sound.I belive these speakers were a steal at $159.on sale when I purchased them because they are well worth the normal asking price.If you truly want a outdoor speaker, consider the outdoor by cambridge sounworks.and hurry sonn they will be up to $299.0 again.p.s I would also recommend the omnipoint brackets to go along with the speakers.

Purchased At:   hifi.com

Submitted by jackh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just installed these CSW Outdoor speakers on my deck in time for a party, and they sound fantastic! I didn't expect so much from outdoor speakers, but these blew me and my friends away.

I'm running 70-90 feet of 14 gauge wire from my 100-watt amplifier inside. I mounted the speaker under the eaves of the house using omnimount brackets. Putting them under the eaves helps the (already great) bass response.

I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone, especially at the current sales price. They come with a 7 year warranty, which is pretty amazing for outdoor speakers.

Purchased At:   hifi.com

Submitted by Carlo DiMarco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
They seem to fill my deck area quite nicely. Got lots of complements on how well they sound. I am driving them with a Harman Kardon AVR25MKII (65wpc).

The first day I hung them a huge thunder/rain storm passed through and SOAKED them. They survived just fine.

Purchased At:   HiFi.com

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
When I first installed these speakers I ran 14/2 wire from my main Denon A\V receiver inside the house to my rear deck, about 80 feet. The speakers sounded rather high pitched and dull even at higher volumn and with the bass turned up. I then hooked up my old Sansui receiver in the garage and ran about 25 feet of 14/2 wire to the speakers. The speakers sounded great with the shorter run of wire. I'm guessing that I was trying to send the signal too far from inside the house. I really cranked the sound up on one occation and the speakers did not distort a bit. The receiver I'm using is capable of 100 watts/channel and the Cambridge Soundworks Outdoor handled the power just fine.

I got a rather good deal on these speakers from Hifi.com on a sale they were running last month. $150.00 with free shipping to me and if I was not pleased I could return them by placing a free return shipping sticker on the box. I'm extremely pleased with these speakers and I'll not be using the free return postage.

Purchased At:   http://www.hifi.com

Submitted by Perry Dillner a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers when the Polk Audio's had continuous problems , with 2 different models. The OUTDOOR is an awesome speaker. Can play at high levels without problem. I wa very surprised they could match the Advents I have. I would say even at $299 a pair I paid is well worth it considering whe you buy cheaper models, they can't perform even at modest playing levels. I do have one issue that if you need to buy the swivel mounts they are expensive. I rigged my own so I did not have to pay $70. The 5 way binding posts are a plus too !

Anyone should consider these speakers for any outdoor use. A great all around product.