Acoustic Research Sequel Water Resistant Indoor
Description: An outstanding loudspeaker in its own right, the smaller AR Sequel is perfect for the audiophile on a budget or where space is a primary concern. It offers high output with outstanding frequency response for a totally pleasurable listening experience. Like the AR Edge, the Sequel features a high-tech molded cabinet and an integrated stand/wall bracket for easy installation in any home setting. The magnetic shielding makes it a natural choice for any home theater system.

Submitted by skyhawk182 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have AR9's up front and needed rears. Had AR15's for rears. No real way to position AR15's for optimal sound.
These speakers mount on wall and can be angled toward the listener. This gets them up at ear level, off the floor and positioned well. Very fine sound for rears. A bit large, but smaller than typical shelf speakers. If you want rears out of the way and positioned for proper listening, these are the ones.

Purchased At:   soundproscom

Submitted by picsob a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
For patio, real happy with how they sound. AR web site made it easy to research prior to purchase. Very flexible mounting options.

Purchased At:   Bluz Enter, FL/800#

Submitted by Joe Slokem a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was able to get a steal on these little guys and I am happy I picked them up. The speaker itself has a solid/rugged design that give the impression that you are going to have it for some time. I ov couse opened these guys up to find a good crosover BOARD and insulation inside them, I also found a magnet about the size of a baseball!!! I have to say that the construction is excellent!!! The sound from these guys is crisp clear and deceving, you can't tell if it's on TV or outside - gotta love that. I have played around with these for a bid and as expected the bass handeling is sub par but that is what my Audiosource SW15 is for. All things aside if you need a great satelite you have found what you are looking for.

Submitted by Rod Gajeske a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
You will get a big hug from the wife by buying these speakers. I was considering spending $1000 for the BOSE acoustimass speaker system at Sam's but took a chance on the AR name knowing that they have been in the speaker business for a long, long time. I was not disappointed when I sent the signal to them. As I stood in the store I was considering buying a Cerwin-Vega speaker system but when I held a speaker from each system the AR "Edge" speakers were heavier which means a larger magnet which from what I remember is good. I got a hug from my wife for not taking the family to the bank on this home theater speaker package. You could spend alot more but I don't believe you would be capable of hearing any differences.

Purchased At:   Rex TV