LINN Classik
Description: Amp, Preamp, and CD Player in one package

Submitted by victrola927 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have one of the original Linn Classik's, and I wrote a review on this website many years ago which has unfortunately has disappeared over the years. I have really lloved my Linn Classik longer than any other component I have ever owned (except my LP12). I was shocked the other day when walking through a Linn shop to hear the newer Linn Classik's. They had none of the richness and three dimensionality that my earlier version has. The new versions seemed cold and sterile, while my Classik sounds overly rich and musical sounding. My Classik excells as a preamp, and I have used it in many, many systems ranging from tube push pull amps, to 300b single ended amps with great success. I have also used it with great results with LK100's and other solid state components.. If you can find an earlier version of the Classik, buy it. They now seem to be going for around $700 on ebay, which is only $300 less than I paid for mine new years ago. Something must be right about the units if they hold their value so well.

Purchased At:   purchased many years

Submitted by Nico a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2007

Bottom Line:

This is my most satisfying purchase, this piece of audio does it all, very neat box with many options and a very neutral, relaxed sound.
There is no sense of any harsness and however the power is modest, until you listen to earthshaking levels it won't dissapiont you.
I paired the Classik with Linn Katan speakers.
My second purchase will be another Classik, THANK YOU LINN.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by gfef a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been buying and selling Hifi equipment at an alarming rate in the last 12 months, upgrading each time. I was not looking for a Clasik but purchased it because I knew that I could sell it on at a profit since it had only been used a handfull of times. I won't be doing that because it is staggeringly good to my ears. I will only say that as soon as I played my first CD I was compelled to get all my cd's out. Good recordings and bad, they all improved by some margin.

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by TG UK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was, please the WAS, loooking for a one box solution to my home cinema/audio situation. It was by chance that i found the Linn Classik. Once set up, very easy, I sat back to watch my first movie on DVD with it, how did it go absloutely superb. But then after 15 mins the problem started, the internal fan kicked in and having an open rack on which it was placed, it became an intrusion into the sound, dialogue required me to increase the volume. After that I tried the tuner and CD side of things, again truly impressed, but the fan still got in the way. To make matters worse the heat generated was excessive to say the least. Is it possible to cook CD or DVD discs? Needless to say it was returned to the dealer. A great idea poorly executed.

Submitted by michel lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm a real real LINN fans ....

all of my system for audio are LINN .

They are Wakonda , LK140 , LK85 , Keilidh , K400 ....

and I just want a CD player .....and radio

I thinking about LINN classik .

It is a radio + CD player set .

I buy it from used outlet in HK .

And the sound is very good and good match with all of my Linn set up .

I can say .