Audio Physic Method of Speaker Placement Many

Submitted by colemansells a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
Bought on eBay for $115 for the pair + $10 shipping, BRAND NEW IN SEALED BOX, Installed myself, powered by a Onkyo 85watt/channel receiver using the powered second zone. These speakers are the only ones I would buy again! I looked & listened to the comparisons (Bose, Dual, Infinity, Klipsch, Yamaha, etc) in the mind set that I need to spend $200-$300 to get the sound clarity I need due to the fact that I live behind a major street here in Denver (6 lanes of traffic!!!!) Let's just say that the traffic only bothers me when the speakers are NOT on! Great Speakers, just ask my neighbors!!! These were the second pair of Polk speakers I have bought (Polk RT15, now have 2 pairs & CSI30) & just like the others, the price for what you get is unmatched. Created instant atmosphere for my deck & hot tub area!

Remember when installing or getting these installed to make sure that you use a UL Listed speaker wire, this type of wire is the only wire acceptable for outdoor use buy home inspectors. I'm a Realtor & these issues do come up!! You can find UL Listed wire at any home theater shop that sells wire. I paid $0.70 a foot for 14 gauge. Prices vary from $0.50-$1.50 a foot. Anyone that tells you that any speaker wire will work is NOT wrong, but if you plan on selling your home, which you will sometime, spend the extra couple of bucks & do it right the first time! They make this special type of wire for a reason!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by wai a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I tried out the Audio Physic configuration. Wow, I can't believe my ears.
I only have good words about this apparently " absurd - looking " arrangement until I tried it.
I have three audiophiles to whom I introduced this configuration. All say the same as I.

Submitted by Raymond Lynch Jr. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, this product doesn't cost nothing so I'll make a 2nd & final post. Sorry to upset you Ted, but I'm still saving up for my TacT Millennium mk. II digital amplifier. I'm one of the "Digital votes" in the One on One forum, and I cited the TacT as a strong reason for digital (sources) winning over analog.

I was speaking in terms of budget audiophile systems, and I know what the TacT can do: "The master clock in M1 is running at 90.3 MHz - 2048 times faster than standard CD sampling rate of 44.1 kHz. For 96 or 192 kHz DVD audio it will be set at a master clock of 98 MHz - 1024 or 512 times faster than the format itself. For the SACD format the master clock will be set at 90.3 MHz which is 32 times faster than SACD format of 2.822 MHz." This is at: http://www.tactaudio.com/web-files/Millennium/Millennium.htm

Thank you.

Purchased At:   web

Submitted by Raymond Lynch Jr. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Nice idea, except I don't agree with placing speakers against the long wall, and the listener's position near the far wall. My room is rectangular (11' x 23'), and I've got my system setup along the "Golden Cuboid" rules. Thanks to Mr. George Cardas who specifies speaker placement according to Fibonacci ratios. State of the art recording studios use the Golden Cuboid, with recording along an equilateral triangle/near field setup.

In fact the Egyptians used this technology as well as cathedrals built in the middle ages (for ultimate sound). Even facial features align with Fibonacci ratios - Cindy Crawford's ratios are very close, Howard Stern's are "way off". Fibonacci ratios are used in trading Stocks and Futures as well.

Check out http://www.cardas.com/insights/index.html and http://www.theaudioconsortium.com/MagazineColumn.htm for full details on this setup. Also, if you do use the Golden Cuboid rule, there would be no need for a TACT digital feedback system, that's for "imperfect" room conditions and dimensions (although it can make cheap Radio Shack speakers sound like $5,000 speakers)...

Fibonacci was a 12th century mathematician who wanted to find out how rabbits "multiply". He discovered the perfect ratio in doing this.

Fascinating captain......Fibonacci changed the world.....he's dead Jim.......

Purchased At:   web

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
Yes, speaker placement as mentioned will help significantly cut down room interactions and improve the sound of your system, but it will only take you so far. If you're really interested in taking the room out of your equation then look at the TacT room correction system. The improvement is no less than spending twice as much on speakers...it is that significant. Once you hear your system with room correction, regardless of where you place your speakers, you won't want to listen without it. This is the future folks...give it a try and you won't go back.

Tim