Home | Reviews | Tuners | LINN

LINN Kremlin Tuners

Submitted by nhojsllih a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This radio is simply stunning. I used the Kudos before this, and that was a very good tuner, but the Kremlin is just the best! The model I have is the last spec ever made, with slimline power supply and grey sparkle facia. I bought it as an ex-dem model and consider that it was an absolute bargain for the quality it is. With this tuner I am content to listen to radio as a choice, rather than in the background, or to hear new music to buy on CD. On live performances, it is better than any other source component. You do need a good quality FM aerial installed to do full justice to this product. Buy one if you can find one.

Purchased At:   Billy Vee London

Submitted by Mick Curtis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had this tuner since early '94 - it was one of the first with the "Brilliant" Switched Mode Power Supply. I bought my entire system over a year, and the Kremlin was a highlight. Very clean sound, and very much in control. It has 80 FM presets, but living in the UK I only need about 20 of those. No AM, but hey, so what? The cost could be off-putting (although I'd guess it's less expensive in the UK) but as a tuner is the only source product that is complete in itself, you could easily end up spending a whole lot more on a cd player & cd's. It's very easy to control; it will auto-seek any FM stations and assign them to presets, ensuring that if it hits a station for a second time, it'll not use a second preset. I give it top marks for build, ease of use and sound quality, but a little less for value, because even though it's good, it's also very expensive.

High End: