Kenwood Kenwood Tuner KT-900D Tuners

I had read about the Kenwood KT-990D tuner in the FM tuner shootout where they rate the best tuners over the last 30+ years. After reading their unbiased report, I was fascinated to hear this tuner, because I was tiring from my old Denon tuner, which I considered an add-on to my overall system.

Well, I found someone selling the Kenwood on E-Bay for just over $100. I decided because it didn't break the bank, to go for it. I'm thrilled I did! Because this tuner is awesome. It has wonderful clarity and high fidelity. It's better than 98% of tuners out there including the esoteric brands like McIntosh. It compares favorably and more to Meridian. The sound is just flat out great! I believe this unit sold for over $400 new. (This is the 990D and not the original 990).

Submitted by MRC1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2010

Bottom Line:

If you can find this tuner on E-bay, and you love listening to music through your stereo system you HAVE to get this tuner! It's that good. (less)

PANAMAX: