Accuphase T-1000 Tuners

• Dual-stage tuning front end
  • Digital output connector

Submitted by Sinclair a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
Accuphase T1000

I just bought an Accuphase T1000 (last week). After a direct match with my Kenwood 600T, the sound of the accuphase's bass have more weigh. The male's voices in a choir are more tune and the precision are first rate. The midrange are especially glorious. The stereophonic image are a way larger than my venerable Kenwood.

For this test, I changed the original power cable of the Kenwood for a Furutech rhodium iec plug. The 2 powercables was identical, also with the interconnects. Both tuner was fed with 2 cables(75 ohm, R6).

The system: Nu Vista M3 amplifier with Dynaudion Contour S 5.4

Purchased At:   Montreal Canada

Submitted by Sinclair a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
I plug it in the New Vista M3's amplifier. I left the power on for about 5 days. With a direct comparison of my Kenwood 600T, the pluck bass on the Accuphase are more thick. Also on a choir, the male's voice have well defined outlines. With the Kenwood, it's more chaotic. The midrange on the Accuphase are warmer ( in the right sens). The stereophonic image are a way larger than the Kenwood. In conclusion the Kenwood sound narrow and shrill. For the test I used an identical power cord for the Kenwood.

After comparing with the Kenwood 600T, time was coming to unplug my venerable Kenwood. Now for a better sond I change the powercable of the Accuphase for a Shunyata's Diamondback plug in a Shunyata Hydra 6. The interconnect was chabge for A Van de Hul Integration Hybrid. The results: SPECTACULAR .

Purchased At:   Montreal, Canada