TEAC V6030S Tape Decks

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

three head dual capstan dolby s

Submitted by Paul Tillman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
Initially had problems with meters. Had to have product replaced by Teac. They were prompt in doing so. Unit makes clear recordings although, as with most tapes, they can be distinguished from the source material. This is especially so, when a CD is the source.

Submitted by John Kear a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had a V6030 for about a year. Very impressed with it, in the Uk there were a few ex demonstration models available for £250 (normally £550) at the well known Richer Sounds group of stores. I originally went in to search for a used 3 head nakamichi, of which non were available, but the price of the TEAC and it's reputation compelled me to purchase it. best way to describe it is that it does not sound like a cassette deck, it's far more matural than that, and to be honest it shows up other certain areas of my system. Reliability has been 100%, as you would expect, and the stability is excellent. Having said that a friend has a Nakamichi 700zxl, and that is awesome.

Submitted by Bill Knutson a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit to suppliment my Nakamichi LX-5. This unit went back to the shop after 3 months. There was an excessive WOW and FLUTTER problem. TEAC replaced the motor(s). The record LEDs were calibrated incorrectly and needed factory adjustment. It took TEAC 2 months to repair the unit - they do not have repair facilities in Phoenix - so I had to UPS it to Califionia ($30 - my cost). The unit then failed again when it was 13 months old - same WOW and FLUTTER problem. I wrote at least 3 letters to TEAC to convince them they should repair the unbit at NO COST to me, as the warrenty only lasted 1 year. They finally did agree, and in another 2 months, I was again in recording mode. They never did get the meters right, but I can compensate for that. The tape calibration system is easy to use. Dolby S sounds OK - no breathing. Lacks a fade control. Low bass is somewhat muddy but not overly so. This is no Nakamichi. I'm glad I got my Nakamichi LX-5 overhauled. I do not recommend this unit due to reliability problems.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Eric Skantze a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I'm impressed by the better TEACs. Good sound.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by serge a

Date Reviewed: May 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
Different only from V8030S that is not quartz locked transport.

CSB 1206 BLK: