Sony TC-WE425 Tape Decks

dual tapedeck

Submitted by Chris Ringwood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm quite pleased with this Deck. Recordings come out great without having to use Dolby NR(B&C) at all, even for LP-minimal tape hiss. I do however, find it a bit awkward to use at times when doing recording. Also I find the flashing recording level light a pain - a Bill Gates design no doubt! The time counters seem a bit innaccurate as well. My C90 tapes all seem to be C100's! Definitely prefers Metal Tapes; Maxell MX-S in particular, but XLII-S(type 2 HiBias) gets marginally inferior results. Forget TDK - useless. BASF, not too bad, and Sony somewhat mediocre. It has Auto tape selection.
But you know what? Of all the HiFi bits of kit that need a remote control, Cassette Decks are it. Where can I find one?
God knows!

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this deck primarily for recording. I bike and I use a walkman for tunes and tapes offer 90min of music. I have had mine for over a year and had no problems what so ever. It is a great inexpensive deck.

Submitted by Ron a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this tape deck for my girlfriend for her birthday. I was torn between the tape deck, and an MD player, but she has tapes she likes to listen to (go fig.). So far, this unit is peachy. All sorts of extra features and doodads that will take weeks to figure out. The only thing I don't like about it... Deck A has no pause!!! What's the deal with that!!!??? Anyway, it's a great little unit for the price!

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by SOUND ƒréék a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
This tapedeck it's pretty good for the price. I'm not into cassette tape listening but only when I have to.It also works great with my reciever remote. I recommend this tapedeck for anyone who like to do some minor recording and music listening. I'ts worth the money+it looks good with all the other sony components. Just remember one thing when you are going out to buy a tapedeck and spend over $200 (CD is in Tape is out)

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile