Onkyo TA-2058 Tape Decks

4.89/5 (9 Reviews)

3-motor, 3-head tape deck

Submitted by moy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had some many cassettes and no way to listen to them but for 1 of our vechilces. Ihave many no longer made cassettes that I almost tossed them . I was not sure if thisa worked but for 2.99 I took a small gamble. It even makes my bose speakers to tv and stereo sound better . I wish I had the manual so I coul get full use of it. I want to mke cassettes and make CD's from tapes. If any of you know where I can download or purchase a manual I would be forever grateful. This was expensive in 87 . I am thrilled with it . I smiled when I saw you had reviews .written recently. I wonder if it would work with remotes that came with reciever, dvd,vcr and list the tape player on them?? I paid 2.99 for it

Purchased At:   GoodWill

Submitted by Bill Anderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Like others whom have written reviews on this wonderful component, I purchased mine new almost 20 years ago and have been recording and playing tapes since. Like my vinyl records and CDs, I play cassett tapes often. This machine has been flawless since day one and I have recorded many hundreds of tapes. When I record a CD, I am amazed at how incredibly close the sound of the tape sounds compared to the source. I am also impressed with the build quality and how easy it is to use. If you want or need a cassett deck, search one of these out;you will not be disappointed. Bye the way, mine is not for sale! I only wish that my new car had a deck in it instead of just an in-dash CD changer.
Oh well, technology changes.

Purchased At:   Hifi Heaven in Green

Submitted by Greg Jones a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
This 3-head 3-motor cassette deck about 15 years ago. It's part of Onkyo's Integra line. I bought mine for about $325 dollars back then. It is a great deck and loaded with features. It has Dolby B & C, HX Pro, logic transport controls, real time counter, autmatic bias sensors, forward automatic search, and LED meters. It makes great tapes. I purchased an Excellent NAD 6100 deck to record audiophile direct to disk vinyl records, and this Onkyo when CD's came out! It is a quality machine and has never been in for a repair.

Submitted by Oleg Pretetsky a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great tapedeck. Very clean recordings... Quiet operation....
Very transparent recordings (still a tape though)..
Audio aspects of this tapedeck are superb, the deck is a quality workhorse... built craftmanship however really shows the economical approach...

Purchased At:   flea market

Submitted by Eduard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
great deck, what else is there to say, it beats nak easily