JVC TD-W354BK Tape Decks

3.33/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

Submitted by Karen Vauris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have a MX-GT80 compact component system. I am very displeased on how when I tried for the first time to use the cassette that neither side door opens or when you do finally get it open it will not play the music on the cassette.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by morbinson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
The JVC TD-W354BK double cassette deck seemed to offer me everything I needed to make professsional sounding cassette copies and dubs to other formats.

Purchased At:   FUTURE SHOP

Submitted by Jerry Baker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have two TD-W354's and two TD-W254's purchased in 1999 and 2000. Both are similar machines with the 254 lacking the microphone input. These machines have operated flawlessly except recently all have started either stopping completely or dragging severely on older tapes. There seems to be no torque adjustment, of course, but I wondered if anyone else is having similar problems.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Udo Dirkschnieder a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm in the Navy on shore duty. We have 3 of these decks that are used on occasion for ceremonies and things like that.The only thing I can say for sure about this product is all three of them are broke and it wasn't from misuse.

Submitted by James Terhune a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
An update: Come August 26, 2002, I will have had my unit for three years--and I have to say that it is still going as strong as the day I got it. Granted, I don't use it as much now as I used to, but nowadays whenever I do, I'm still satisfied with the recording/playback results I get.
I've read about the various problems that various users of the TD-W354 have encountered over time, but I'm glad to admit that my unit has been wonderful--the one I ordered from Crutchfield must've come from a good batch of units. Anyway, from my experience, JVC tape decks are very good, so for anyone still in the analog realm of audio, the TD-W354 model is one of the best out there. But I'm still giving it four stars.