Sony MHC-F150 Mini Systems

50+1-disc changer (Pro Logic)

Submitted by S S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
So far so good.
One wierd thing is the volume on mine has turned itself up and down twice and it wasn't the remote.
I was going to buy the model with surround sound but this one was onsale for $300.
So far I like it.
I especially like the cd title makes it easy to go through the 51 disc changer and find what you want.

Submitted by Ben Angulo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Great stereo for the music listener. If you have it hooked up to a tv/vcr/dvd, then get the AV model. I have mine set up with a matching silver Sony MDS-S39 mini-disc deck, a 120 watt Yamaha STS sub, and my computer as the outside source. I can play all my cool games and be treated by awesome sound. I can even record from my computer to mini-disc, and everything is set up through the stereo - THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Michael D. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I AQCUIRED THE MHC-F150 IN ATLANTA AT A LOCAL BEST BUY STORE ( EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T OFFER ME A B E S T B U Y . The system is VERY easy to use and is about as simple as they get. The system's operations such as dubbing, recording from any source, and playing couldn't get much easier. And one surprise:
A GOOD SONY PRODUCT WHICH NEVER OVERHEATS AND INCLUDES A NEAR-DEAD SILENT FAN FOR ADEQUATE COOLING. However, the amplifier rating is a bit low for the power it puts out in groove mode with the surround on. I measured it right at 128 WRMS. this is significantly larger than the ftc rating, so i hope they take more4 careful readings in the future.

Some more CONS:

- The remote is too small with not enough buttons
- Can only use one function at a time, e.g.- Rewinding a tape while listening the a CD or the Radio is impossible
- The tape deck needs a better frequency response for a high quality and high cost system, as it is.
- The super tweeter only gets about 8 watts at any given time, we need MORE POWER.

PROS:

- Excellent woofer material ( Polypropleyne or H.O.P Woofer as SONY calls it. ( Highly Oriented Polyofine)
- Nice bass response, however frequencies could go a little lower than the limit of 70 Hz.
- THE MOST ACCURATE, SPARKLING CLEAR BASS I'VE HEARD IN ANY MINISYSTEM
- GRAPHIC EQUALIZER IS GOOD, BUT NEEDS TO BE LARGER ( NOT MORE BANDS, BUT MORE COLUMNS PER BAND)
- CD TITLING! MAKES IT A LOT EASIER

EXCELLENT SYSTEM

I GIVE IT 5 STARS! GREAT BUY!

E-MAIL ME FOR COMMENTS OR SPECS ( I GOT IT ALL )

Submitted by Bruce a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
This system was purchased by my mother after shopping around for a little while. Well I think it is this system(I own MHC-MC1). The sound is great and it has many features. You can adjust the bass and treble, it has the capasity to hold 51 cds, and it is easy to use plus many more. In my family we also have speakers in another room besides our family room and an intercomm system through out the house. With the Sony's INput and OUTput jacks on the back, it make it really convenent. It also has 4 speaker plug-ins for souround sound. All in all the system is great.

FGH 26: