Sony LBT XG500 Compact System Mini Systems

Sony's LBT-XG500 Midi Compact System will get your party started. Its cool design will complement your listening room as 280 watts of total system power pump sound like you've never heard. Use the 5-disc CD changer to keep your favorite CDs ready to play, and the Game Sync front A/V inputs to hook-up your videogame console. A Guitar input with Karaoke mix is also included for the musician in you. So drop the LBT-XG500 in your virtual shopping cart and let the party begin.

Submitted by lixivium97 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Aside from this horrifically frightening design (which seems to be so common nowadays), this stereo blew my socks off. I have been researching stereos for about a month now. I still haven't found one that I'm completely happy with. Yet listening to this stereo wholeheartedly made me wish I could either shrink it (its WAY too big for me), or turn it invisible. My holy lord!! I didn't want to turn it off. I was literally drooling. The sound was so crisp and clear, I literally don't think I've heard a stereo system of this type sound so good. I would buy this in a heartbeat if I could fit it in my house, and it wasn't so scary looking. And as scary as I may think it is, I've seen many that look worse (JVC seems to love making systems that look like mutated alien parts). I think its the overall size of this unit that makes it so scary for me. Both me and my boyfriend were SO sad that its size and appearance just did not work for us. Too bad we're so concerned with an asthetically pleasing stereo. We are most definitely missing out.

Purchased At:   n/a saw it at R.C. W