Sony CMT-EX200 Mini Systems

Sony CMT-EX200 Desktop Micro System

Submitted by CHEMTECH1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
This system is great! I have an internship in MI this summer and didn't want to lug all of my stereo stuff along, so I went to look at this system. While I was at the store I got to play with a bunch of other stereos as well. The Nakamichi Soundspace 1, a few Aiwas, a cool looking Yamaha, and the Sony CMT EX100. None of them compared at all. They all looked really cool, but they didn't have any of the sound. Many of those other systems were priced the same as the Sony EX200. So I had to take it home. Once I heard how good it was in the store all of the other systems sounded weak to me. Once I got it home it was a ten minute process to get it out of the box and ready to rock. I put in a CD and it sounded as good as my big surround sound system. My parents own a Bose CD, and the Sony makes that look like a Walkman hooked up to speakers. I don't know what else to say, you won't be dissapointed with how this thing sounds. The features on this thing are great also. There is everything you would want in a stereo. I can't believe that some systems don't even have base or treble controls, or full function remotes! LAME! Its like some stereos are made by people who don't listen to music. The Sony has an awesome remote, totally full function. You can set the timer and everything on it. And it is really small and thin. If you don't want to use the remote to eject the CD's you can just touch the top (like one of those touch lamps) and the CD slides out the top. REALLY COOL! I also like the materials this thing is made out of. The front of the CD player is tempered glass. No cheap plastic here. And the system is HEAVY! I haven't tried to turn this stereo up all the way yet (even on low volumes it shakes the floor!) so I don't know how loud it can get, but I have had it plenty loud for me. I don't know what else to say about it. If you are reading this then you are probably looking for a Mini-System. And you have probably seen the Bose propaganda, do yourself a favor and get one of these. You can let your friend with the Bose listen to it and you can watch him cry about how he paid 100 dollars more for a POS.

Purchased At:   Flanners Audio